Bracketbuster Projections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bracketbuster Projections

Postby MVCfans » January 24th, 2012, 6:22 pm

From Andy Katz, St. Mary's wants Creighton:

Saint Mary's has one more important nonconference game left on the schedule. The Gaels are in a BracketBuster matchup on Feb. 17, 18 or 19. They have played Utah State in a key game between two of the top teams in the West in need of a late RPI push. The matchups don't work for the three top teams in the event -- Saint Mary's, Nevada and Long Beach State -- to play each other because they're all on the road.

That's fine. Bennett wants a road game against one of the best teams in the field outside of the region. He wants to play Creighton, which is at home. The other option is Murray State. But the Bluejays would provide a more significant pop on the résumé.

"Part of the excitement is to play somebody out of the league," Bennett said. "I hope that's what we get, a really good team in the Midwest. That would be a great game, one we want to play. We want to get a great home-and-home RPI series for us. I'm excited for us to play in an atmosphere like that."

The BracketBuster matchups will be unveiled on ESPNU on Jan. 29 at 6:30 p.m. ET.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » January 24th, 2012, 9:12 pm

Creighton is going to beat the living hell out of St. Marys imho.

I hope WSU can FINALLY hold up their end of the bargain, albeit against some of the best teams the BB has had to offer.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » January 25th, 2012, 11:05 am

Everyone taking care of business in the bracketbuster will further show the strength of the valley this year. I find it amazing that we have 2 teams projected to get low single digit seeds, yet we can't muster a 3rd team to even get projected as a double digit seed or potentially a play-in matchup team.

Maybe some wins in the BB will hopefully get someone in the conversation.

Doesn't Lunardi usually come out with a list soon to show who is a lock and who still has work left to do?
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 25th, 2012, 11:36 am

BirdmanBB wrote:Everyone taking care of business in the bracketbuster will further show the strength of the valley this year. I find it amazing that we have 2 teams projected to get low single digit seeds, yet we can't muster a 3rd team to even get projected as a double digit seed or potentially a play-in matchup team.

Doesn't Lunardi usually come out with a list soon to show who is a lock and who still has work left to do?

There is too much of a logjam in the middle. One of the middle teams needs to take over in order to get any discussion.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » January 25th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Wufan wrote:There is too much of a logjam in the middle. One of the middle teams needs to take over in order to get any discussion.

Agreed. After tonight, there is a very real possibility of 5 way tie for third with 8th place only a game behind.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 25th, 2012, 12:21 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:Everyone taking care of business in the bracketbuster will further show the strength of the valley this year. I find it amazing that we have 2 teams projected to get low single digit seeds, yet we can't muster a 3rd team to even get projected as a double digit seed or potentially a play-in matchup team.

Coming out of the noncon, there were several teams that had a chance at getting that third bid. Unfortunately, they have not performed as well in the conference season.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShockValue » January 25th, 2012, 5:10 pm

There are only two options that would be acceptable:

1) Murray State
2) Oral Roberts and this is way below #1
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » January 25th, 2012, 5:13 pm

ShockValue wrote:There are only two options that would be acceptable:

1) Murray State
2) Oral Roberts and this is way below #1

I would take Oral, especially when you don't have to travel very far for it. :dance: :dance: :dance:
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 25th, 2012, 10:13 pm

The announcers for the Shocks/Aces game tonight were really pushing the CU/St. Marys and WSU/Murray St. games as two marquee match-ups.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby NeutralObserver » January 26th, 2012, 9:16 am

Andy Katz will set-up the bracket for all of the tv games. Creighton will probably get St. Mary's. Wichita will not get who they think they will and will be somewhat disappointed. Murray State will not play a Valley team. My two cents from regularly reading Katz right or wrong?
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball