Bracketbuster Projections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby BirdmanBB » January 19th, 2012, 10:29 am

This list is from Jan. 15th, but this guy has been doing this for years and is pretty good at it. Updates it regularly.

http://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7889

Taking regional matchups out of consideration, this is what it looks like right now.

Creighton vs. St. Mary's
UNI @ Murray St.
WSU @ Iona
MSU vs. Akron
Drake @ Weber
Indiana St. @ VCU
Illinois St. vs. ODU
Evansville vs. youngstown St.
Bradley vs. Niagara
SIU @ Morgan St.

UNI or WSU could have a very helpful game at Murray St.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bracketbuster Projections

Postby shocktheheart » January 19th, 2012, 10:51 am

BirdmanBB wrote:This list is from Jan. 15th, but this guy has been doing this for years and is pretty good at it. Updates it regularly.

http://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7889

Taking regional matchups out of consideration, this is what it looks like right now.

Creighton vs. St. Mary's
UNI @ Murray St.
WSU @ Iona
MSU vs. Akron
Drake @ Weber
Indiana St. @ VCU
Illinois St. vs. ODU
Evansville vs. youngstown St.
Bradley vs. Niagara
SIU @ Morgan St.

UNI or WSU could have a very helpful game at Murray St.

After last nights game I would think you would have to switch UNI and WSU.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » January 19th, 2012, 11:13 am

WSU has 3 games (I think) before they announce those games. Home vs SIU and UE and @ Drake.

They should be upset if they don't get Iona or Murray State. Toure' Murry @ Murray State seems a natural to me and along with Creighton pounding St. Mary's in Omaha should be 2 prime time games.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 19th, 2012, 1:02 pm

2livewu wrote:WSU has 3 games (I think) before they announce those games. Home vs SIU and UE and @ Drake.

They should be upset if they don't get Iona or Murray State. Toure' Murry @ Murray State seems a natural to me and along with Creighton pounding St. Mary's in Omaha should be 2 prime time games.

I like those match-ups as well.

WSu is better than Murray St and could some really good run by being the team that knocks off the undefeated.

Creighton Vs. St Mary's would give us a chance to play against Kenton Walker, who left the Jays under Dana. Plus, SMC is solid year after year, so the dreaded good one year, sh!tty in the rematch problem would seem less likely to occur.

The worst case scenario for MVc school would be ESPn deciding to match up Murray St and St Mary's...
Last edited by DoubleJayAlum on January 19th, 2012, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 19th, 2012, 1:19 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
2livewu wrote:WSU has 3 games (I think) before they announce those games. Home vs SIU and UE and @ Drake.

WSu is better than Murray St and could some really good run by being the team that knocks off the undefeated.

Creighton Vs. St Mary's would give us a chance to play against Kenton Walker, who left the Jays under Dana. Plus, SMC is solid year after year, so the dreaded good one year, sh!tty in the rematch problem would seems less likely to occur.

The worst case scenario for MVc school would be ESPn deciding to match up Murray St and St Mary's...

I don't see how they could do that with the way Creighton and WSU look at this time. We can't play each other, so this looks like almost a no brainer at this time.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 19th, 2012, 3:29 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

Creighton Vs. St Mary's would give us a chance to play against Kenton Walker, who left the Jays under Dana. Plus, SMC is solid year after year, so the dreaded good one year, sh!tty in the rematch problem would seem less likely to occur.

Yeah, I don't think UNI is line for Murray, that should be Wichita's match-up to get. I think UNI slides down the list and maybe gets a match-up vs VCU maybe on Friday that ESPN can bill up for some cinderella name recognition/contrast in styles.

St. Mary's vs Creighton should be the primetime match-up as both teams should be able to stay ranked.

I think it is quite possible that a Wichita-Murray match up would also feature ranked teams. Has there ever been two bracketbuster games between ranked teams in the same year?
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 19th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:

Yeah, I don't think UNI is line for Murray, that should be Wichita's match-up to get. I think UNI slides down the list and maybe gets a match-up vs VCU maybe on Friday that ESPN can bill up for some cinderella name recognition/contrast in styles.

St. Mary's vs Creighton should be the primetime match-up as both teams should be able to stay ranked.

I think it is quite possible that a Wichita-Murray match up would also feature ranked teams. Has there ever been two bracketbuster games between ranked teams in the same year?

Drake and Butler were both ranked in 07-08.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 19th, 2012, 4:01 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:I like those match-ups as well.

Drake and Butler were both ranked in 07-08.

But they played each other, that was one game. Two games featuring four ranked teams would be rare.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » January 19th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Frankly, I'd be surprised at this point if we didn't see Wichita State at Murray State and St. Mary's at Creighton. I updated my projections on January 6th and will do them again soon, but the games between the top teams seem too natural.

link: Bracket Buster projections - January 6th
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » January 23rd, 2012, 4:13 pm

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball