ILLINOIS STATE @ EVANSVILLE 1-21

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ILLINOIS STATE @ EVANSVILLE 1-21

Postby pafan » January 21st, 2012, 9:19 am

I think you're talking about is the Main Gate. Usually infested with Aces fans on gameday. :+1:
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 21st, 2012, 9:21 am

pafan wrote:I think you're talking about is the Main Gate. Usually infested with Aces fans on gameday. :+1:

The fans all seemed pretty friendly when we were there!
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » January 21st, 2012, 9:29 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:
pafan wrote:I think you're talking about is the Main Gate. Usually infested with Aces fans on gameday. :+1:

The fans all seemed pretty friendly when we were there!

Thanks fellas! I'll check if out if I can.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » January 21st, 2012, 4:39 pm

I was going to work this morning and saw a dead redbird stuck on the grill of a ford. Prediction????

Carmichael fouls out.
Ryan has another career night.
Aces by 11
:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Birdfan10 » January 21st, 2012, 7:55 pm

I am unsure what is going on and why Tyler Brown got called for a technical? He lets go of the ball and the Evansville player falls. Why is that a technical?
Birdfan10
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby bryce » January 21st, 2012, 9:10 pm

Good win for Aces, keep it up!
bryce
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aces1982 » January 21st, 2012, 9:19 pm

UE looking good lately. 5-4 at the half way point. See what the 2nd half brings.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » January 21st, 2012, 9:45 pm

Birdfan10 wrote:I am unsure what is going on and why Tyler Brown got called for a technical? He lets go of the ball and the Evansville player falls. Why is that a technical?

It looked pretty clearly like a technical to me.

My seats at the Ford Center aren't great, but it looked like UE's Kenny Harris went for a steal and got Brown on the arm. The official on the far side whistled that. Then it looked like Brown swung his elbow into Harris. The officials then went to the monitor. Then they huddled. Forever. They signaled the T. Then they explained the call to the coaches. If it took that long for the officials to convince themselves that it was a T, then maybe they shouldn't have called it.

What I didn't understand was why Tyler was awarded empty lane FTs on the common foul on Harris.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby 45otseoj » January 22nd, 2012, 3:07 am

pafan wrote:
Birdfan10 wrote:I am unsure what is going on and why Tyler Brown got called for a technical? He lets go of the ball and the Evansville player falls. Why is that a technical?

It looked pretty clearly like a technical to me.

My seats at the Ford Center aren't great, but it looked like UE's Kenny Harris went for a steal and got Brown on the arm. The official on the far side whistled that. Then it looked like Brown swung his elbow into Harris. The officials then went to the monitor. Then they huddled. Forever. They signaled the T. Then they explained the call to the coaches. If it took that long for the officials to convince themselves that it was a T, then maybe they shouldn't have called it.

What I didn't understand was why Tyler was awarded empty lane FTs on the common foul on Harris.

1. Brown never swung an elbow. Kenny ripped the ball away and fell down. Tyler simply released the ball.
2. The officials never looked at the monitor. They intervened in a non-hostile situation.
3. Brown was awarded empty lane FTs, because there was no opportunity for a rebound following his 2nd throw.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby havoc » January 22nd, 2012, 10:26 am

45otseoj wrote:1. Brown never swung an elbow. Kenny ripped the ball away and fell down. Tyler simply released the ball.
2. The officials never looked at the monitor. They intervened in a non-hostile situation.
3. Brown was awarded empty lane FTs, because there was no opportunity for a rebound following his 2nd throw.

He didn't swing his elbow, but in live action, the play looked a lot worse than the replays showed. At the time, it looked like Brown threw Harris down when he was swinging the ball around after the whistle.

Also, Brown's Redbird teammates intervened before the officials. They must have felt it was somewhat hostile.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball