ISU Blue at Creighton Blue - Saturday 2pm - ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ISU Blue at Creighton Blue - Saturday 2pm - ESPN2

Postby MoValley John » January 21st, 2012, 5:14 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, Indiana State has left the building.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 21st, 2012, 7:08 pm

What a difference a year makes. Last year, InSU was a tea with a ton swagger bordering on cockiness. This year they just looked dead. I don't know if they have quit on Lansing, or just plain quit, but the whole feeling is different.

I'll give the Trees credit for holding McDermott to a season low. However, the Jays showed why they are so much more than just a one man team as the open three point shooters just torched the nylon all day. Pick your poison: double the bigs and clog the pain and have the three point shooters torch you or cover the three point shooters and let either Doug or Echenique beat you in the post.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 21st, 2012, 11:05 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote: Pick your poison: double the bigs and clog the pain and have the three point shooters torch you or cover the three point shooters and let either Doug or Echenique beat you in the post.

That is the difference between the BJs and the Shocks this year. The Shockers are streaky from three and can easily go 5-20 whereas CU seems to hit them every game.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 22nd, 2012, 10:37 am

Wufan wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote: Pick your poison: double the bigs and clog the pain and have the three point shooters torch you or cover the three point shooters and let either Doug or Echenique beat you in the post.

That is the difference between the BJs and the Shocks this year. The Shockers are streaky from three and can easily go 5-20 whereas CU seems to hit them every game.

That is what scares me when the Shox head to Omaha. I'll be there regardless, just hope the drunk CU fans take it easy on me....;P
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » January 22nd, 2012, 11:29 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:
Wufan wrote:

That is what scares me when the Shox head to Omaha. I'll be there regardless, just hope the drunk CU fans take it easy on me....;P

If both teams continue to play well, I wouldn't be surprised if that game turns out the be the largest crowd ever at the CLink.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby omahaben » January 22nd, 2012, 4:23 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:That is what scares me when the Shox head to Omaha. I'll be there regardless, just hope the drunk CU fans take it easy on me....;P

If both teams continue to play well, I wouldn't be surprised if that game turns out the be the largest crowd ever at the CLink.

Do they have the temporary seats up by the Bud Bar like they have had in years past?

That's the only way it becomes the biggest crowd ever.
omahaben
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby blueblood » January 22nd, 2012, 4:43 pm

Temp seats were there for Ind St
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jet915 » January 22nd, 2012, 7:19 pm

Isn't max capacity 17,700? I dont think ive ever seen attendance that high.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PorkTornado » January 23rd, 2012, 12:33 pm

17,954 is currently the number one attendance. WSU v. Creighton on December 28th, 2008.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » January 23rd, 2012, 2:51 pm

PorkTornado wrote:17,954 is currently the number one attendance. WSU v. Creighton on December 28th, 2008.

That will be broken this year. Maybe twice. Maybe three times. The fact remains that the bandwagon bump Creighton is getting this year could fill UNI's high school arena. While I'm happy that Creighton is getting a nice bump, bandwagoners make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

The most frustrating thing about the bandwagon bump at Creighton is it takes twice as long to get out of lot B. Also, when they built the stupid baseball stadium, they closed the "secret" route out of the arena that nobody else took. Smaller crowds are much more convenient for me.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball