Missouri St at Bradley - 7pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missouri St at Bradley - 7pm

Postby Wufan » January 22nd, 2012, 12:40 am

getreal4 wrote:Bears came away with a win on the road and are all alone in 3rd for the moment. Congrats Bears.

Aces couldn't win at home over Drake, how can they be a third place Valley team?

That's funny! I think Drake is all alone in third and the Bears are in fourth. Come back after you get that degree from SWOMO you've been working on since the early 90's.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ace Dad » January 22nd, 2012, 12:45 am

getreal4 wrote:Bears came away with a win on the road and are all alone in 3rd for the moment. Congrats Bears.

Aces couldn't win at home over Drake, how can they be a third place Valley team?

Yup, you are right. We could not beat Drake at home. We lost at home to Drake............

Tell me, did the Bears protect their home turf when the Aces arrived? Just saying....................
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » January 22nd, 2012, 2:15 am

Ugly ugly ugly win. But it's a win. I'll take what I can get after 3 heart beakers. Going to take a much better effort in Normal if we are to beat the Redbirds

IMO, Bears will probably finish 5th with ISUr and UNI ahead of them. If we finda way to get 2 wins this week, that might change. Even with the good start, I've said all along that this team will be better in March and a tough out in St. Louis
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 22nd, 2012, 7:20 am

I'll always take an ugly win over a pretty loss. And we needed this one desperately. I had not watched Bradley play at all this year since they haven't been very relevent in the race, but their offense down the stretch was interesting to put it mildly. We dodged a bullet with Bradley not running a competent offense down the stretch.

Arch Madness should be interesting because I think this team is a classical spoiler type team. However it looks like CU and WSU will be shoe ins for at large bids at that point. And we could probably get a third if anyone could get it together and make a run since the bubble is so soft and 68 freaking teams make the dance.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 22nd, 2012, 7:21 am

I agree it was an ugly win. A couple of positives to take away though (for the Bears) were that the Bears finally win a close game. And that Patterson played fairly tough in the paint at times. He hit some pretty good shots inside with contact.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 22nd, 2012, 1:21 pm

I am not complaining about the two late charge calls. As Geno Ford said--those are 50/50 calls. Where I was surprised that BOTH 50/50 calls went against the home team. Regardless of who the two teams are you rarely see that.

MSU won a game it had to win. They dont give style points for road conference wins. You take it, get on the bus, and go. Yeah, Bradley is awful but they have a couple players (Brown and Lemon, Jr.) who are tough matchups. I was surprised how bad the MSU guards were. Are they always that "blah" and ineffective?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » January 22nd, 2012, 3:33 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:I am not complaining about the two late charge calls. As Geno Ford said--those are 50/50 calls. Where I was surprised that BOTH 50/50 calls went against the home team. Regardless of who the two teams are you rarely see that.

MSU won a game it had to win. They dont give style points for road conference wins. You take it, get on the bus, and go. Yeah, Bradley is awful but they have a couple players (Brown and Lemon, Jr.) who are tough matchups. I was surprised how bad the MSU guards were. Are they always that "blah" and ineffective?

Seem to be just fine against Creighton... Guess we play to the level of our opposition.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 22nd, 2012, 6:31 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:I am not complaining about the two late charge calls. As Geno Ford said--those are 50/50 calls. Where I was surprised that BOTH 50/50 calls went against the home team. Regardless of who the two teams are you rarely see that.

Our guards didn't play well at all yesterday. But over the course of the season Downing and Bizoukas have been pretty good. Downing has had some big games and is a pretty good scorer and penetrator. Biz isn't a great scorer but last I checked he was 2nd in the Valley in assists and 1st in asst/turnover ratio.

Despite the poor record Bradly has several good players. I like Brown a lot. And your big 6'9" center (forget his name) is a pretty good player too.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 23rd, 2012, 11:34 am

glm38 wrote:

Our guards didn't play well at all yesterday. But over the course of the season Downing and Bizoukas have been pretty good. Downing has had some big games and is a pretty good scorer and penetrator. Biz isn't a great scorer but last I checked he was 2nd in the Valley in assists and 1st in asst/turnover ratio.

Despite the poor record Bradly has several good players. I like Brown a lot. And your big 6'9" center (forget his name) is a pretty good player too.

Thanks. I was kinda referring to Scherer. He didnt do much and I liked him late last year. I like PG's who try to score a little more than the Biz guy does but he does take care of it. I think Lusk will do a nice job there.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 23rd, 2012, 7:07 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Thanks. I was kinda referring to Scherer. He didnt do much and I liked him late last year. I like PG's who try to score a little more than the Biz guy does but he does take care of it. I think Lusk will do a nice job there.

Good observation. Scheer hasn't played well at all this year. Big things were expected because he did have a good year as a freshman. But he's just not getting it done. Seems lost out there. And he's missed so many wide open 3's (this year). The off guard position is a problem for the Bears as a result. Downing is definitely our best option but when you start him and Biz that's a fairly small guard tandem.

Hopefully Scheer can break out of his slump/funk or whatever. If he does we'll be a lot better. Some of us wish Lusk would give Corey Copeland more minutes at the off guard. He's had a few decent games but he seems to struggle defensively.....
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball