Drake at Northern Iowa - 7pm Sunday ESPNU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake at Northern Iowa - 7pm Sunday ESPNU

Postby Hail Our Panthers » January 22nd, 2012, 9:48 pm

DUbulldog always says that UNI is a tough matchup for them. I guess I don't see enough Drake games to know why but he must be on to something.
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hail Our Panthers » January 22nd, 2012, 9:50 pm

NEI Panther wrote:Real question is, why no zone by drake :huh:

We have proven against Bradley and WSU that we have no offensive answer against a zone.

Phelps has forgotten more about the game of basketball than we will ever know. Who are you to question him? :P
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Khan4Cats » January 22nd, 2012, 9:57 pm

iSASO wrote:UNI, please, STOP THE FLOP! Rayvonte Rice just embarrassed you on national TV. College basketball is no place for WWE acting jobs.

STOP THE FLOP!

Thank you Mr. Stutz.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 22nd, 2012, 9:59 pm

Durango Jay wrote:The lack of fans in the stands is depressing. I just don't get it. :|

Disappointing that we couldn't get students, freezing rain making the roads VERY slick may have kept a number of others away, my usual 20 minute drive in took 35. But generally sad considering it's an in-state opponent.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 22nd, 2012, 10:07 pm

Well looked like a lot of the previous Valley games for us. We look really good for about 3/4ths of the game then go through a stretch where we look really bad. For some reason we get a big lead and then play a completely different offense than we have the rest of the game. We also had a small stretch where the defense was lacking, and we made Kurt Alexander look like an all conference player. Of course we did a good job holding Simons and Rice to 16 combined points.

Overall, good game for the Panthers. Tuttle had another great game following up his performance against WSU. The bench really stepped up tonight, and gave us a good lift in the first half. Drake without Van Deest and Uhlenhop really don't have an inside presence. They would be a very dangerous team with those two guys.

Gotta go to Terre Haute and get big W on Wednesday! Go Panthers!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » January 22nd, 2012, 10:57 pm

Hail Our Panthers wrote:DUbulldog always says that UNI is a tough matchup for them. I guess I don't see enough Drake games to know why but he must be on to something.

Yeah, and I can't even really explain why UNI is such a tough matchup for DU. I think Jacobson is a master at making in game adjustments, while Phelps is not. If Drake falls behind early, like they did today, Phelps isn't able to make the adjustments to change things. If it's a close game, Jacobson will make the adjustments to put UNI in a position to win. I guess when it comes down to it, it's mostly a coaching thing.

Also, Drake's offense doesn't run smoothly against physical teams.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ACECARD » January 23rd, 2012, 9:59 am

getreal4 wrote:Congrats to the panthers, nice effort, Tuttle certainly looked all Valley against a listless Drake team tonight.

Hard to understand why the bulldogs played so flat tonight.

Same question I had when the Aces played Drake. I guess you just can't get up for every game, or not be looking ahead to your next game.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball