Grade your team or other teams if you wish

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Grade your team or other teams if you wish

Postby PantherSigEp » January 23rd, 2012, 1:19 pm

The Panthers get a C to a B- because they are plain Jane average this year. They are sitting right around where I think we should have expected, considering the youth and loss of experience from last year.

If you want to grade their conference play, after considering their non-conference play, I'm looking at the D range. I don't know what has happened but it's been very frustrating to watch them lose games after holding double digit leads and looking like the dominant team for most of the game. Lack of experience, a dominant player, whatever you call it I don't want to see it in the future.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » January 23rd, 2012, 7:49 pm

I really don't know how to put a letter grade on the Bears performance so far?? So up and down. If forced I guess I would give them a "C+" or a "B-" seeing as they are above most of the preseason predictions. But based against where I thought they would/should be I would give them a "D". I really thought they would be better and would be up there closer to CU and WSU.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 23rd, 2012, 9:31 pm

Bradley D
Creighton A
Drake C
Evansville B-
Illinois State C
Indiana State F
Missouri State B
Northern Iowa C-
Southern Illinois C
Wichita State A
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » January 23rd, 2012, 10:50 pm

CU B+
WSU B+
DRAKE B
UNI C
UE B
MSU C+
ILL ST C+
INDIANA ST D
SIU C-
BU D
Last edited by sixth ace on January 24th, 2012, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 24th, 2012, 7:59 am

Sixth Ace, I think you were the teacher that everyone hated in high school/college. Even on a curve, what does it take to get an A? Being picked third and being alone in 9th is a D and loosing to UNC by an absurd number is still good enough to get a B, but 18-2 or 17-3 isn't an A? :huh:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » January 24th, 2012, 8:16 am

CU A
WSU A-
DRAKE B+
UNI C
UE B
MSU B-
ILL ST B
INDIANA ST D+
SIU D-
BU D-
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » January 24th, 2012, 8:34 am

UNI gets a C. I think we'll be really good in the next couple of years though.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » January 24th, 2012, 9:12 am

Wufan wrote:Sixth Ace, I think you were the teacher that everyone hated in high school/college. Even on a curve, what does it take to get an A? Being picked third and being alone in 9th is a D and loosing to UNC by an absurd number is still good enough to get a B, but 18-2 or 17-3 isn't an A? :huh:

I wasn't looking at the record of the teams you question but how they are playing today. and yep your right , nobiody got the A yet.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » January 24th, 2012, 10:37 am

It's really hard to be fair here because if this were actually a school setting Bradley would be in the Special Ed class and not in the "regular" classroom with the rest of the MVC. Like most special needs kids BU struggles in the regular class.

I think in a couple years Bradley might have enough talent to graduate to the regular classroom.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 24th, 2012, 1:51 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:It's really hard to be fair here because if this were actually a school setting Bradley would be in the Special Ed class and not in the "regular" classroom with the rest of the MVC. Like most special needs kids BU struggles in the regular class.

I think in a couple years Bradley might have enough talent to graduate to the regular classroom.

We like to call that mainstreamed.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball