Grade your team or other teams if you wish

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Grade your team or other teams if you wish

Postby Wufan » January 24th, 2012, 3:17 pm

sixth ace wrote:
Wufan wrote:Sixth Ace, I think you were the teacher that everyone hated in high school/college. Even on a curve, what does it take to get an A? Being picked third and being alone in 9th is a D and loosing to UNC by an absurd number is still good enough to get a B, but 18-2 or 17-3 isn't an A? :huh:

I wasn't looking at the record of the teams you question but how they are playing today. and yep your right , nobiody got the A yet.

Well, nobody played today. However, in their most recent game the Shockers doubled up SIU and handed them their worst loss in school history...without their leading scorer and rebounder. Definately a B effort. If you're going to rate everyone, and rate everyone on what they're doing now, then pay attention.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » January 24th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Wufan wrote:
sixth ace wrote:
Wufan wrote:Sixth Ace, I think you were the teacher that everyone hated in high school/college. Even on a curve, what does it take to get an A? Being picked third and being alone in 9th is a D and loosing to UNC by an absurd number is still good enough to get a B, but 18-2 or 17-3 isn't an A? :huh:

I wasn't looking at the record of the teams you question but how they are playing today. and yep your right , nobiody got the A yet.

Well, nobody played today. However, in their most recent game the Shockers doubled up SIU and handed them their worst loss in school history...without their leading scorer and rebounder. Definately a B effort. If you're going to rate everyone, and rate everyone on what they're doing now, then pay attention.

I am watching and perhaps you'll someday take off your myopic glasses and see things as others do that don't live in the flatlands

Meanwhile :Beer:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 24th, 2012, 8:09 pm

Seriously? You give a top 25 ranked team a B + and the Aces a B and I'm the one not paying attention?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » January 25th, 2012, 7:33 am

Wufan wrote:Seriously? You give a top 25 ranked team a B + and the Aces a B and I'm the one not paying attention?

It fun to watch a WSU fan when they get the respect that they give others.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 25th, 2012, 8:18 am

I have been very respectful to the Aces. That said, the question wasn't about respect, it was about why on Earth you wouldn't give out an A. Read again.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » January 25th, 2012, 8:28 am

Wufan wrote:I have been very respectful to the Aces. That said, the question wasn't about respect, it was about why on Earth you wouldn't give out an A. Read again.

Are you really arguing over a half of a letter grade? Earlier in the thread, you agreed with WSU/CU at an A- and UE at a B.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » January 25th, 2012, 8:33 am

It's a question, not an argument. I am curious at what point a team is worthy of an A, or is it an impossible grade to get, and if so why.
Last edited by Wufan on January 25th, 2012, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 25th, 2012, 9:02 am

sixth ace wrote:
Wufan wrote:Seriously? You give a top 25 ranked team a B + and the Aces a B and I'm the one not paying attention?

It fun to watch a WSU fan when they get the respect that they give others.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WSU isn't a top 25 team, so I don't think he was talking about his team. Now CU is a top 15 team and they get a B+? Who in the country gets an A then?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 25th, 2012, 10:46 am

That is correct. I was referring to CU in that post, however, I did ask about WSU in an earlier post, specifically when 6th said he was basing his grade on how the teams are playing recently. When I pointed out that WSU doubled up SIU in their most recent game, 6th stated that I was just getting what I was due because I'm a WSU fan. Honestly, I think that is why CU and WSU got a B, because 6th doesn't like them. If that is not the case, he has the opportunity to back up his position.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » January 25th, 2012, 10:51 am

Is this a real argument? It's a matter of opinion on an internet message board. Not to say either of you is in the wrong but this is pretty arbitrary so there is no need to scrutinize each ranking. If 6th ace were a member of the selection committee I might be concerned...but I'm 99% sure he is a regular Joe so his supposed vendetta against Wichita St. won't be hurting anyone
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball