Northern Iowa at Indiana State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Northern Iowa at Indiana State

Postby getreal4 » January 25th, 2012, 10:23 pm

the battle to avoid Thursday is wide open Congrats Sycs on bouncing back with a W in front of a HS crowd. :Yea!: :dance: :dance: :D
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » January 25th, 2012, 10:48 pm

This thread is filled with a lot of apathy.

MVJ is spot on with his observations.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby strike00 » January 25th, 2012, 11:02 pm

getreal4 wrote:the battle to avoid Thursday is wide open Congrats Sycs on bouncing back with a W in front of a HS crowd. :Yea!: :dance: :dance: :D

congratulating them and insulting their fan base at the same time. Almost like we are back at Valleytalk.

Both teams have a lot of work to do before the tourney.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 25th, 2012, 11:40 pm

I probably will get my head chopped off for my comments.

I have never been a big fan of Koch. I think he is lazy. He does not play with energy and aggression. He takes way too many plays off. He snow birds way too much.

As you might surmise, I am not a fan.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 26th, 2012, 5:45 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:I probably will get my head chopped off for my comments.

I have never been a big fan of Koch. I think he is lazy. He does not play with energy and aggression. He takes way too many plays off. He snow birds way too much.

As you might surmise, I am not a fan.

He does. He gets pouty when things don't go his way. He can be great at times, but unfortunately it is not nearly enough. He certainly is not his brother.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » January 26th, 2012, 10:06 am

The way things started this had the making of a very nice surprising year. Not sure when our train derailed, but we're off the tracks right now.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 26th, 2012, 10:17 am

Ali wrote:The way things started this had the making of a very nice surprising year. Not sure when our train derailed, but we're off the tracks right now.

I know that this will probably piss off a few Panther fans and there will be a knee jerk reaction and blind defense of Jacobson, but I have my idea of what is happening and I've stated it before. Valley coaches have figured out UNI's "system" and are now exploiting the Panthers the way the Panthers used to exploit other teams. In the non-conference, UNI looked strong, very strong, but in the Valley things changed. The fact of the matter is this, Valley coaches are very familiar with every Valley team, non-conference foes, not so much. The clutch and grab isn't working, the slow tempo isn't working, every other team is simply adapting to playing UNI's game and beating them at it. What worked for UNI two years ago isn't working now, it's time for Jacobson to put a wrinkle in his system.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » January 26th, 2012, 10:53 am

MoValley John wrote:
Ali wrote:The way things started this had the making of a very nice surprising year. Not sure when our train derailed, but we're off the tracks right now.

Valley coaches have figured out UNI's "system" and are now exploiting the Panthers the way the Panthers used to exploit other teams. In the non-conference, UNI looked strong, very strong, but in the Valley things changed. The fact of the matter is this, Valley coaches are very familiar with every Valley team, non-conference foes, not so much. The clutch and grab isn't working, the slow tempo isn't working, every other team is simply adapting to playing UNI's game and beating them at it.

If that's what's going on, I don't think Mark Phelps has gotten the memo.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MoValley John » January 26th, 2012, 10:55 am

Phelps is just trying to win enough games to keep his job but not so many that fans expect it of him. Life is a challenge to the "A" student and the "F" student is always in trouble. Life is easiest on the "C" student.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » January 26th, 2012, 12:27 pm

MoValley John wrote:

I know that this will probably piss off a few Panther fans and there will be a knee jerk reaction and blind defense of Jacobson, but I have my idea of what is happening and I've stated it before. Valley coaches have figured out UNI's "system" and are now exploiting the Panthers the way the Panthers used to exploit other teams. In the non-conference, UNI looked strong, very strong, but in the Valley things changed. The fact of the matter is this, Valley coaches are very familiar with every Valley team, non-conference foes, not so much. The clutch and grab isn't working, the slow tempo isn't working, every other team is simply adapting to playing UNI's game and beating them at it. What worked for UNI two years ago isn't working now, it's time for Jacobson to put a wrinkle in his system.

Yeah, we are screwed. Jake should have moved on when he had the chance.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball