Northern Iowa at Indiana State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Northern Iowa at Indiana State

Postby strike00 » January 25th, 2012, 8:31 pm

There doesn't seem to be a leader on this team. They also don't seem to have a lot of fight. We keep saying they should be good next year, but someone is going to have to step up and set the attitude of this team. Someone needs to act like they actually want to be out there.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » January 25th, 2012, 9:13 pm

trust me, Sycamore fans are saying the same thing about our team.

valleychamp wrote:We really suck right now. Aint no doubt about it.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » January 25th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Listed attendance for this game was 4900. That is a joke, no way there was that many people there.

Maybe one the main issues with UNI's attendance is that we are one of the few schools who still list "actual" attendance, and not tickets sold.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 25th, 2012, 9:23 pm

valleychamp wrote:Listed attendance for this game was 4900. That is a joke, no way there was that many people there.

Maybe one the main issues with UNI's attendance is that we are one of the few schools who still list "actual" attendance, and not tickets sold.

I'm giving a bit of free advice, take it or don't take it. Here's the deal, you guys get beat up on your attendance. Fair or unfair, you guys get ridiculed about it. There are only two ways to avoid the jokes and jabs; one, fill your arena, two, never bring up the subject on this board. You are just asking to get laughed at when you bring up the topic.

Going back to Valley Talk, GOSMSGO always got so upset when people made fun of him and his bike. He eventually just quit posting. But if the guy would have just let it go, it would have run its course. Instead, he would post bike topic after bike topic and people laughed at him. Keep posting on attendance if you will, but don't be surprised at the results.

Don't be like GOSMSGO.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 25th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Posting about a bike on a basketball forum?? That sounds pretty strange.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 25th, 2012, 9:37 pm

glm38 wrote:Posting about a bike on a basketball forum?? That sounds pretty strange.

:Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:

Why do you think he was ridiculed? He would post about the tragedy every time a bike rider got hit by a car. He would post about how he riding a bike saved him money and kept him from sending money to the Middle East. The final straw for him was when he moved. He posted a picture of him moving his household goods on his bike with a 15 foot bike trailer.

All it ever did was get this type of picture posted back.

Now while I posted a lot of pictures in my day, most of those pictures were posted by Shocker and Bulldog fans. But it bears noting, if you are getting beaten up on a subject and there is no way out, don't bring the subject up yourself. It's like the homeroom geek asking the classroom who wants first shot at shoving his head in the toilet.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » January 25th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Anyone else feel like putting a hot poker through their eyes after that one? I feel like Sycamore/Panther vision should refund me my $ for sitting through that f****** joke of a game. Sorry, I don't normally get really aggravated about something like a silly game but my goodness both teams deserve L's for that pathetic display!

All I will say is if you can't win when Tuttle scores 20+ and Johnny scores 10+, what the heck will it take? I think those are season bests for both of them and our other top 3 players (mainly Jake and Anthony) forgot they were supposed to play tonight.

:Bam:

Alright.

I'm fine. On the only bright side you could possibly glean from tonight, Seth is playing very well and I'm excited to see what he and Chris (and dare I include AP) can do down low for us next year. I would think Seth is looking at some postseason freshman awards. Haven't checked in on some of the other freshman around the conference lately.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » January 25th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Tuttle is certainly one of the best 2 or 3 freshman this year. Probably right there with Moore for the FOY. He will be a good player for UNI for three more years.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 25th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Oy!

That's all I got!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 25th, 2012, 10:18 pm

MoValley John wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Listed attendance for this game was 4900. That is a joke, no way there was that many people there.

I'm giving a bit of free advice, take it or don't take it. Here's the deal, you guys get beat up on your attendance. Fair or unfair, you guys get ridiculed about it. There are only two ways to avoid the jokes and jabs; one, fill your arena, two, never bring up the subject on this board. You are just asking to get laughed at when you bring up the topic.

Going back to Valley Talk, GOSMSGO always got so upset when people made fun of him and his bike. He eventually just quit posting. But if the guy would have just let it go, it would have run its course. Instead, he would post bike topic after bike topic and people laughed at him. Keep posting on attendance if you will, but don't be surprised at the results.

Don't be like GOSMSGO.

:+1:
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball