Bears at the Birds

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bears at the Birds

Postby troutangler » January 26th, 2012, 9:33 am

MSUBear42 wrote:
troutangler wrote:If Patterson hadn't been trying to flop and draw a foul that wasn't there, maybe he wouldn't have hurt himself.

Are you freaking kidding me???

His eyes rolled into the back of his head like he was about to pass out and he rolled his ankle before falling to the ground. That was NOT a flop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=459IlgwDzFg

Sounds like last night will have been his last game ever in a Missouri State uniform.

No, I'm not kidding you. They showed the replay about six times on TV, and the ISU guy grazed him at worst. He raised his arms up in front of Patterson and Patterson flung his head back like he had gotten cold-cocked. In fact, Patterson stood straight back up after he flung his head back, then stepped backwards and rolled his ankle.

If it was as bad as you seem to think, they would have reviewed it on video.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » January 26th, 2012, 10:25 am

troutangler wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:
troutangler wrote:If Patterson hadn't been trying to flop and draw a foul that wasn't there, maybe he wouldn't have hurt himself.

Are you freaking kidding me???

His eyes rolled into the back of his head like he was about to pass out and he rolled his ankle before falling to the ground. That was NOT a flop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=459IlgwDzFg

Sounds like last night will have been his last game ever in a Missouri State uniform.

No, I'm not kidding you. They showed the replay about six times on TV, and the ISU guy grazed him at worst. He raised his arms up in front of Patterson and Patterson flung his head back like he had gotten cold-cocked. In fact, Patterson stood straight back up after he flung his head back, then stepped backwards and rolled his ankle.

If it was as bad as you seem to think, they would have reviewed it on video.

I saw the video and didn't see much contact at all, if any. I also don't know if he was trying to flop or simply began to back peddle and in a freak sort of situation, rolled his ankle. I always hate to see any college players hurt, but arguing over whether he flopped or not is not productive in my opinion.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » January 26th, 2012, 11:45 am

His eyes rolled back in his head. He wasn't flopping, he blacked out or was concussed or something.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby cpacmel » January 26th, 2012, 12:12 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:His eyes rolled back in his head. He wasn't flopping, he blacked out or was concussed or something.

This is what I believed happened. I think he might have taken a slap to the nose. Anyone who has ever played ball knows that feeling. Eyes start to water after a few seconds. Not unusal to be dazed.

That Kirk is going to be a nice player for you guys.

Still not impressed with Scheer. 8-)
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 26th, 2012, 1:31 pm

He might have been hit. That said, I didn't see the extreme close up where you could see his eyes. Much less them "roll back" in his head.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 26th, 2012, 6:39 pm

Saying that Patterson was trying to flop or about to flop is sheer lunacy. I watched it live and the replay and just don't see it at all.

MVCJ is right - it's just not productive to debate that about a player that was injured.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 28th, 2012, 8:31 am

I don't know if Patterson flops regularly, but I know he flopped once in the first half in the latest game against CU.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 28th, 2012, 8:57 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I don't know if Patterson flops regularly, but I know he flopped once in the first half in the latest game against CU.

So? Most players do "flop" or exaggerate contact at some point. As long as the referees allow it and buy into it it's going to continue to happen.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 29th, 2012, 7:25 am

glm38 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:I don't know if Patterson flops regularly, but I know he flopped once in the first half in the latest game against CU.

So? Most players do "flop" or exaggerate contact at some point. As long as the referees allow it and buy into it it's going to continue to happen.

FWIW, I've never seen Echenique or McDermott flop. Never.

the point of bringing it up wasn't to take a shot at Patterson. Rather, it was in response to certain MSU posters who earlier this year who complained of UNI flopping.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 29th, 2012, 7:59 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
glm38 wrote:

FWIW, I've never seen Echenique or McDermott flop. Never.

the point of bringing it up wasn't to take a shot at Patterson. Rather, it was in response to certain MSU posters who earlier this year who complained of UNI flopping.

So 2 of CU's players don't flop. Big deal. There are also Bears players that don't, Shockers that don't, UNI..etc, etc. And players that do on pretty much all the MVC teams.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball