Bears at the Birds

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bears at the Birds

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » January 29th, 2012, 8:02 am

If you have never seen Echenique or especially McD flop then I would suggest that you have not paid much attention this year. They aren't Spanish or Italian soccer player bad like some teams in this league. But it happens. No team in this conference is completely immune to it.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 29th, 2012, 1:01 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:If you have never seen Echenique or especially McD flop then I would suggest that you have not paid much attention this year. They aren't Spanish or Italian soccer player bad like some teams in this league. But it happens. No team in this conference is completely immune to it.

I have seen every single game that they have played save one, which I suspect is a lot more than you have seen. Tell me which opponent they flopped against... and at about what point in the game it happened. I'll await your answer (even though I'm certain you won't be able to provide an example).

And yes, Patterson is one of the biggest floppers in the league.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby beatingrillz » January 29th, 2012, 2:11 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
glm38 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:I don't know if Patterson flops regularly, but I know he flopped once in the first half in the latest game against CU.

So? Most players do "flop" or exaggerate contact at some point. As long as the referees allow it and buy into it it's going to continue to happen.

FWIW, I've never seen Echenique or McDermott flop. Never.

the point of bringing it up wasn't to take a shot at Patterson. Rather, it was in response to certain MSU posters who earlier this year who complained of UNI flopping.

Well i reccomend you rewatch the 2nd half in springfield you will see McD flop and then get a double foul called.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 29th, 2012, 2:28 pm

beatingrillz wrote:
FWIW, I've never seen Echenique or McDermott flop. Never.

the point of bringing it up wasn't to take a shot at Patterson. Rather, it was in response to certain MSU posters who earlier this year who complained of UNI flopping.

Well i reccomend you rewatch the 2nd half in springfield you will see McD flop and then get a double foul called.[/quote]

That's great. Classic. I remember the play well and McD flopping like a drunken sailor in response to some contact with the MUCH smaller Bear (Nathan Scheer). I watched it live AND they replayed in on the JQH scoreboard. How's that for an example Double Jay? Or was that the one game you didn't see???
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 29th, 2012, 2:53 pm

So being physically thrown to the floor and flopping are now the same thing? You think officials call a double technical if someone flops? C'mon not even the biggest meth heads in Springfield believe that.....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby beatingrillz » January 29th, 2012, 2:58 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:So being physically thrown to the floor and flopping are now the same thing? C'mon not even the biggest meth heads in Springfield believe that.....

Ok..... so Dougie got lit up by a player 4 inches shorter? He flopped plain and simple even the most snob nosed Omaha resident can see that.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby beatingrillz » January 29th, 2012, 2:58 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:So being physically thrown to the floor and flopping are now the same thing? C'mon not even the biggest meth heads in Springfield believe that.....

Ok..... so Dougie got lit up by a player 4 inches shorter? He flopped plain and simple even the most snob nosed Omaha resident can see that.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 29th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Physically thrown to the floor by Nathan Scheer?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a double foul because one player was Doug McD and the other was a Bears sub.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUBear42 » January 30th, 2012, 7:39 am

glm38 wrote:Physically thrown to the floor by Nathan Scheer?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a double foul because one player was Doug McD and the other was a Bears sub.

I giggled at that too... that was after Douggie kept flailing his arms if Scheer got within 2 inches of him trying to draw a foul. He looked like a fish out of water.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 30th, 2012, 9:35 am

glm38 wrote:Physically thrown to the floor by Nathan Scheer?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you the same guy who was surprised that Mitch Holthus was knowledgeable about the MVC?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball