Creighton at Drake 1/25

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton at Drake 7/25

Postby JaysOnJays » January 26th, 2012, 5:47 pm

2livewu wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:As for the Jays, different guys just keeping stepping up. This game it was Manigat and the local kid, Artino. We are much deeper than we've been given credit for.

Who is not giving you credit for being deep? Creighton is the deepest, most talented team in the league. I haven't ever seen or heard that comment.

I would say it's much more a national perception then a common view in the Valley. Everyone outside seems to think if Doug doesn't drop 30 we lose, which obviously is far from the case.
JaysOnJays
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Creighton at Drake 1/25

Postby pafan » January 26th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Jays26 wrote:Of course, having Doug McDermott to lean on would give any team a little extra swagger.
Attachments
wisebuddha.png
wisebuddha.png (96.86 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 27th, 2012, 6:30 am

JaysOnJays wrote:
2livewu wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:As for the Jays, different guys just keeping stepping up. This game it was Manigat and the local kid, Artino. We are much deeper than we've been given credit for.

Who is not giving you credit for being deep? Creighton is the deepest, most talented team in the league. I haven't ever seen or heard that comment.

I would say it's much more a national perception then a common view in the Valley. Everyone outside seems to think if Doug doesn't drop 30 we lose, which obviously is far from the case.

Yeah, there have been some media stories, both national and local, questioning our depth.

BY the way, WSU is deeper than the Jays, IMO.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JaysOnJays » January 27th, 2012, 11:24 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

I can see that in terms of people who could step up and have a huge game that WSU is deeper, but as for a supporting cast I think Creighton has the players that complement the team's style perfectly.
JaysOnJays
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Wufan » January 27th, 2012, 11:29 am

JaysOnJays wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:

I can see that in terms of people who could step up and have a huge game that WSU is deeper, but as for a supporting cast I think Creighton has the players that complement the team's style perfectly.

Where you wrote, "the team's," did you actually mean "Doug's?"
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Creighton at Drake 1/25

Postby TylerDurden » January 27th, 2012, 11:57 am

I haven't seen every Creighton game, but watching them the handful of times I have it's apparent that they have several players -- besides McD -- who can beat you on any given night.

Young, Echenique and Gibbs are all very good players that would start on just about every MVC team.

They're far from a one-man band.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball