Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Standings after 10 games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Standings after 10 games

Postby MoValley John » January 25th, 2012, 9:46 pm

I like the separation at he top, but there needs to be another team involved.....
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » January 25th, 2012, 9:49 pm

MoValley John wrote:I like the separation at he top, but there needs to be another team involved.....

I'm happy just getting back to multiple bids. If the top two can keep it going, and assure at-large spots we will get a minimum of two which is more than we have had for several years now.

Plus, there are a few teams that are capable of making a run in STL that could be that 3rd team in.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby starcityjay » January 25th, 2012, 9:57 pm

I've never seen this kind of separation after 10 games. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict CU finishes no worse than second. 8-) (The same for WSU obviously.)

While the race for the top will be riveting, I'll also be interested to see which team emerges from the muck in the middle to claim the #3 seed in St. Louis. My bet right now is Evansville.
starcityjay
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Aces1982 » January 25th, 2012, 9:58 pm

UE has a chance, a small one but a chance none the least, to win 5 of the next 6. They can't have one let down. Keep playing the way the have been and I like their chances to pull it off.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 26th, 2012, 12:01 am

I know this is way too early to even ask, but with all of the teams knotted up right now, is there anyone that knows all of the tiebreaker rules and is good enough at math to know how St. Louis would be seeded should the season end today? Does anyone have a computer big enough to process all of this?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 26th, 2012, 12:22 am

Tie breaker is head to head, then non-con SOS.

Standings are pretty interesting. If the season ended right now, InSU and UNi would both be playing on Thursday. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that nobody predicted that.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » January 26th, 2012, 12:48 am

MoValley John wrote:I know this is way too early to even ask, but with all of the teams knotted up right now, is there anyone that knows all of the tiebreaker rules and is good enough at math to know how St. Louis would be seeded should the season end today? Does anyone have a computer big enough to process all of this?

1. Creighton
2. Wichita State
3. Drake (2-1 in round robin)
4. Illinois State (3-2)
5. Evansville (2-2)
6. Missouri State (1-3)
7. Northern Iowa (25 SOS)
8. SIU (306 SOS)
9. Indiana State
10. Bradley

Probably screwed up somewhere in there, but that's what I got.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdmanBB » January 26th, 2012, 8:57 am

I think the redbirds have a chance to take 3rd. We split with Eville, sweep of MSU, 0-1 against Drake (but we get a chance to split at home). Our remaining schedule looks pretty good for us too, however, if we tie with anyone, we will lose with our terrible non-con SOS. For our sake, I think we would rather be on the WSU side of the bracket. I think we have a legit shot to beat them at home with the way we almost pulled off the win at their place after a terrible 1st half.

vs. SIU
@ CU
vs. BU
vs. DU
@ UNI
@ In St.
vs. WSU
@ BU
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Duan » January 26th, 2012, 9:25 am

BirdmanBB wrote:I think the redbirds have a chance to take 3rd. We split with Eville, sweep of MSU, 0-1 against Drake (but we get a chance to split at home). Our remaining schedule looks pretty good for us too, however, if we tie with anyone, we will lose with our terrible non-con SOS. For our sake, I think we would rather be on the WSU side of the bracket. I think we have a legit shot to beat them at home with the way we almost pulled off the win at their place after a terrible 1st half.

vs. SIU
@ CU
vs. BU
vs. DU
@ UNI
@ In St.
vs. WSU
@ BU

That brings up an interesting question. IF CU and WSU finish 1 and 2, which side of the bracket in St. Louis would your team rather end up on?
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball