Standings after 10 games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings after 10 games

Postby Jays26 » January 26th, 2012, 10:05 am

Duan wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:I think the redbirds have a chance to take 3rd. We split with Eville, sweep of MSU, 0-1 against Drake (but we get a chance to split at home). Our remaining schedule looks pretty good for us too, however, if we tie with anyone, we will lose with our terrible non-con SOS. For our sake, I think we would rather be on the WSU side of the bracket. I think we have a legit shot to beat them at home with the way we almost pulled off the win at their place after a terrible 1st half.

vs. SIU
@ CU
vs. BU
vs. DU
@ UNI
@ In St.
vs. WSU
@ BU

That brings up an interesting question. IF CU and WSU finish 1 and 2, which side of the bracket in St. Louis would your team rather end up on?

Good question......But I don't think it's a matter of "if" they finish 1 and 2 but "when" which side do you want to be on?
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ali » January 26th, 2012, 10:24 am

Duan wrote:That brings up an interesting question. IF CU and WSU finish 1 and 2, which side of the bracket in St. Louis would your team rather end up on?

Not sure it matters.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces1982 » January 26th, 2012, 11:26 am

Jays26 wrote:
Duan wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:I think the redbirds have a chance to take 3rd. We split with Eville, sweep of MSU, 0-1 against Drake (but we get a chance to split at home). Our remaining schedule looks pretty good for us too, however, if we tie with anyone, we will lose with our terrible non-con SOS. For our sake, I think we would rather be on the WSU side of the bracket. I think we have a legit shot to beat them at home with the way we almost pulled off the win at their place after a terrible 1st half.

vs. SIU
@ CU
vs. BU
vs. DU
@ UNI
@ In St.
vs. WSU
@ BU

That brings up an interesting question. IF CU and WSU finish 1 and 2, which side of the bracket in St. Louis would your team rather end up on?

Good question......But I don't think it's a matter of "if" they finish 1 and 2 but "when" which side do you want to be on?

Prediction: If a team does beat a certain fanbase in the semi-finals and then gets beat in the Championship game. That certain fan base will be upset with the team they lost to for costing them a good seed and it not being for the "good" of the MVC.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » January 26th, 2012, 11:42 am

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2012/predictedstandings

Scroll down for Nolan's predicted MVC finish based on games played so far.

UNI getting lots of love. UE not so much.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » January 26th, 2012, 11:54 am

While anything can happen in 1 game, I don't see any of the other 8 beating both WSU and CU. If by some some non-Creighton/WSU miracle they both lose before the final, then good for the conference I guess.

Personally, I am hoping that both teams are 14-1 going into the rematch, and then again in the Finals. The 2 teams are good enough to be playing for the right to a protected seed, which is not out of the question at all if one runs the table. Even if WSU were to lose at CU then beat them in St. Louis, I think they have an outside shot at a 4 seed at 29-4.

My point being that I hope either CU or WSU get a protected seed (obviously I hope it's WSU) as I think both teams are really, really good, and both teams could do some real damage in the tournament and that chance goes up exponentially if they don't have to play a de facto road game, or a top 15 team first round.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 26th, 2012, 12:39 pm

A protected seed won't keep Creighton from having to go on the road unfortunately. Since Omaha is a first round site, we won't be anywhere close to home.

It would be interesting to see Wichita get sent to Omaha though. It would be really interesting if somehow WSU could end up pitted against KU in the second round...
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 26th, 2012, 1:01 pm

I would love to see WSU against KU. KU avoids playing the Shocks.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball