Marshall gets 100th win

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Marshall gets 100th win

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 27th, 2012, 1:57 pm

I'm surprised no one has stepped up to mention the fact that Marshall and Jacobsen both were handed keys to programs that had been very successful by Valley standards immediately preceding the coaching change. Altman inherited a program that had crash landed to almost nothing and built a perrennial Valley contender from scratch, essentially. And I'm not just talking about talent on the team - I'm talking about school and community support, resources, and tradition.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TylerDurden » January 27th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:I'm surprised no one has stepped up to mention the fact that Marshall and Jacobsen both were handed keys to programs that had been very successful by Valley standards immediately preceding the coaching change. Altman inherited a program that had crash landed to almost nothing and built a perrennial Valley contender from scratch, essentially. And I'm not just talking about talent on the team - I'm talking about school and community support, resources, and tradition.

No one mentioned it because none of the people who posted were Creighton fans looking for ways to make their coach look good.

The entire post was made by WSU fans in attempt to make Marshall look good.

Every fan base posts this sort of arbitrary stuff to make their coach/program look good...except for SIU fans and some BU fans who still wanted Jim Les...and maybe some Drake fans.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 27th, 2012, 4:47 pm

TylerDurden wrote:No one mentioned it because none of the people who posted were Creighton fans looking for ways to make their coach look good.

Except it was brought up that Marshall reached the 100-win mark before Altman, which is a little misleading, as explained above.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » January 27th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:No one mentioned it because none of the people who posted were Creighton fans looking for ways to make their coach look good.

Except it was brought up that Marshall reached the 100-win mark before Altman, which is a little misleading, as explained above.

I think you missed the point. WSU fans aren't going to mention things that take away from their guy in favor of another, especially if it's a CU guy. Some of the posters like to take digs at CU when they can. Apparently it bothered you.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 27th, 2012, 4:58 pm

I'm just correcting the record. This is a Valley message board, not a WUSU one.

I also didn't say I was surprised no Wichita person mentioned it, I said I was surprised no one mentioned it, period (which would of course include Creighton fans).
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jaybydna » January 27th, 2012, 7:28 pm

No Creighton fan posted because it was such an obvious attempt by one of the boards most immature posters to pick a fight. Most of us cringed when someone came to Altman's defense. Best to ignore and watch the post counts decrease and real basketball talk between true fans of the game continue like it has so far this season. :buddies: :Cheers: :Yea!: :Beer:
jaybydna
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 28th, 2012, 8:13 am

Creighton fans felt no need to respond because bragging about reaching a certain number of wins is silly when the coach hasn't gotten his team to the NCAA tournament.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball