UNI @ MSU (Jan 28 4PM) - ESPNU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI @ MSU (Jan 28 4PM) - ESPNU

Postby DUBulldog » January 29th, 2012, 12:40 pm

getreal4 wrote:The Bears with a .500 record in conference play, underacheiving, still have a good crowd.

If this game had been in Cedarloo with UNI? half empty gym.

Bears were supposed to be in a "rebuilding" year, so not sure you could say they're underachieving.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » January 29th, 2012, 2:24 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
getreal4 wrote:The Bears with a .500 record in conference play, underacheiving, still have a good crowd.

UNI with a 3 game under .500 record, underachieving, and fans don't show up. Not that surprising...

Drake over .500, overachieving, and gets 4k for league leader Wichita...

How is UNI underachieving, seriously?
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 29th, 2012, 2:37 pm

I think you could make an argument that neither UNI or MSU are really underachieving much based on preseason predictions and what both teams lost last year.

The problem is that both teams started out pretty strong and the expectations (mostly from their own fans) went way up. I'm certainly guilty of that. I had delusions of grandeur about the Bears this year for sure.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » January 29th, 2012, 2:39 pm

Thanks for clarifying.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » January 29th, 2012, 2:42 pm

glm38 wrote:I think you could make an argument that neither UNI or MSU are really underachieving much based on preseason predictions and what both teams lost last year.

The problem is that both teams started out pretty strong and the expectations (mostly from their own fans) went way up. I'm certainly guilty of that. I had delusions of grandeur about the Bears this year for sure.

That's what I was looking for, but more from UNI fans. Excellent point.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » January 29th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Non Bear fans did not expect the Bears to survive with only Weems returning but most Bear fans expected this group to be in the 3-4 range. While tied for 3rd currently, a record around .500 is underachieving by most Bear fans standards.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 29th, 2012, 5:02 pm

I agree that under .500 is underachieving by Bears fans standards.

To be honest at this point in the Bears season I wouldn't be greatly surprised to see us finish next to last (above Bradley) or to see us win most of the rest of our games and finish 3rd. Hoping for the latter.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 29th, 2012, 6:56 pm

2livewu wrote:
glm38 wrote:I think you could make an argument that neither UNI or MSU are really underachieving much based on preseason predictions and what both teams lost last year.

That's what I was looking for, but more from UNI fans. Excellent point.

I guess me saying we are underachieving is just based off of how we performed in the non-conference. I predicted at the beginning of the season we would finish 6th, and that isn't out of the realm of possibility as we are sitting in 7th. However, after what we did in the non-conference we are underachieving in the conference despite what the preseason predictions were.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball