Indiana State At Evansville (ESPNU) Sunday Evening

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State At Evansville (ESPNU) Sunday Evening

Postby Ace Dad » January 29th, 2012, 9:49 pm

I cannot predict 'em anymore. Sycamores beat us with shooting in the first half and aggressiveness in the OT.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » January 29th, 2012, 9:49 pm

and ISU regains a SLIVER of hope to avoid Thursday, gonna depend a lot on Wednesday's outcome vs. D+
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby beatingrillz » January 29th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Perhaps you should then question the UE fans that were complaining about officiating in the loss to WSU.

The better team looks like they're gonna win.

True. Just like your recent experience at Drake.

For being a moderator you are really petty, I don't know how many times you break the forum rules then raise your nose and point to your position of power as reasoning. I think a cleaning of house is needed when it comes to a couple Mods.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » January 29th, 2012, 9:53 pm

You won't see me agreeing with grillz a lot, but he is spot on here.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 29th, 2012, 10:04 pm

beatingrillz wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Perhaps you should then question the UE fans that were complaining about officiating in the loss to WSU.

The better team looks like they're gonna win.

True. Just like your recent experience at Drake.

For being a moderator you are really petty, I don't know how many times you break the forum rules then raise your nose and point to your position of power as reasoning. I think a cleaning of house is needed when it comes to a couple Mods.

Baller can defend his position.

You can defend your position.

My position is the referee is unbiased and it evens out over time. The position of power you imagine I have may be based on an experience set that you do not have. I admit to being over bearing based on my experiences and I admit to challenging the younger, different experienced posters (read 20 somethings who are still growing up).

Now, give me an example where Moderator status (must be important to you) has been mentioned by me.

I am waiting.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 29th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Can we talk about the game? Or maybe, tell a few jokes? This is a prime opportunity to talk about the two best basketball players in the history of the game, Jake Odum and Colt Ryan. We could also talk about Chuck Norris, if he played basketball, he could give Jake and Colt a run for their money.

Imagine, Colt Ryan coming off two screens to shoot a three just inside the half court line, only to have Chuck Norris Scissor kick the ball for the block. Odum picks up the lose ball and dunks over Michael Jordan.

But noooooooooooooooo!!!! We have to have a pissing match about moderators.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby purple&orange » January 29th, 2012, 10:41 pm

ISU was better tonight. Exploited the UE D in the 1st half and got a number of open looks from beyond the arc and knocked them down. Throw in the turnovers from Evansville and you have your halftime lead. Aces got back in it in the 2nd half. Forever it seemed they couldn't get it under 6, the finally after they did, it seemed they couldn't take the lead and break from the 1 point ISU lead. Got it to OT and then a 2nd but just couldn't ever seem to get ahead and stay there. Honestly, never felt like UE was ever going to get ahead. Latham was strong tonight for ISU, got into the lane a ton.

Officiating didn't beat Evansville. Evansville did a lot to beat themselves early and ISU did their part too, moving the ball and hitting a bunch of open 3's early in the game and just never allowed UE to take a lead late in the 2nd half and answered anytime UE got a lead in OT. Haven't watched the replay yet but it looked like a ton of the and 1's both ways were pretty cheap, had a friend of mine texted me that while during the 1st OT. Would love to get the opinion of those fans outside of Indiana on that. You always seem to catch a walk on the opposition, not on your guys and so on and so forth. I saw the Sawvell-Oden play and Sawvell drilled him with a legal screen and from my seat, not seeing but 1 in house replay it looked like Oden went to him and Sawvell embellished the contact to a good degree. Didn't see any sort of foot action live or on the one replay but it looked really innocent and was surprised they went to the monitor so I was making sure Oden didn't go up high, that was my only thought for them going to the monitor but I already ranted about the extended use of the monitor earlier this week so I won't revisit.

ISU was better tonight. They did a really good job on Colt away from the ball, being physical at times but that's how you have to defend a guy who comes off as many screens as he does. Last year UE swept ISU but they turned around and won in STL. Doesn't look like potential seedings will allow for another rematch but they seem to be fairly equal, all the credit to ISU for winning both games in a close manner.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aces1982 » January 29th, 2012, 10:47 pm

UE didn't drserve to win this game. They did not play well at all. Both Denver and Colt were not good tonight. Give ISU credit, they were all over Colt.

Still only 1 game out of 3rd but 1 game out of 7th as well. 2 road games coming up(Bradley and SIU) and a home game against Creighton. Winning 2 out of 3 would be great.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sect.3purple » January 30th, 2012, 1:06 am

The Aces were without intensity, focus, and without their usual fire-in-their-eyes play tonight. It is baffling to us fans why we can play so terribly on such important games, like this one of national t.v. when we know they can play so much better. ISU's good shooting and our lethargy through much of the game combined to give us this outcome. One of these nights we may actually begin a game with energy instead of waking up to start our dig out of a hole.....too much standing around tonight waiting for Colt to shoot! I like Colt. He is a great shooter. But he can't do it all every game. Disappointing game for Aces fans....congrats to the Sycamores!
sect.3purple
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » January 30th, 2012, 12:02 pm

glm38 wrote:It might be a tad rough but I've enjoyed this game.

These ESPN announcers are really good. Very knowledgeable about the MVC.

I'll throw you a bone. Mitch Holthus is the longtime voice of the Kansas City Chiefs. He is also the LONG TIME voice of Valley Basketball. He has done Valley games since the 90's. He also is a Big XII basketball voice and is very knowledgeable Big XII announcer. Mitch knows what he is talking about and is passionate. He is a Valley honk, has won an award or two from the Valley to honor his excellence, has many leather bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany. His only questionable flaw is that he went to K-State.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball