Indiana State At Evansville (ESPNU) Sunday Evening

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State At Evansville (ESPNU) Sunday Evening

Postby KingTut » January 30th, 2012, 12:16 pm

I wish Holthus would temper all that knowledge.

He's memorized the game notes and recent histories of all the teams. HAve to give him props for that.

But when it's a minute left in a tie game how about you just focus on this game, not a recitation of Indiana State's history, Michael Menser's 3-point shooting, the MVC's recent history, etc.

It's great that he knows all that, but save it for early in the games and for the end of blowouts.
KingTut
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » January 30th, 2012, 6:51 pm

MoValley John wrote:
glm38 wrote:It might be a tad rough but I've enjoyed this game.

These ESPN announcers are really good. Very knowledgeable about the MVC.

I'll throw you a bone. Mitch Holthus is the longtime voice of the Kansas City Chiefs. He is also the LONG TIME voice of Valley Basketball. He has done Valley games since the 90's. He also is a Big XII basketball voice and is very knowledgeable Big XII announcer. Mitch knows what he is talking about and is passionate. He is a Valley honk, has won an award or two from the Valley to honor his excellence, has many leather bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany. His only questionable flaw is that he went to K-State.

It's only been in the last year or 2 that I've paid that much attention to the rest of the Valley to the point of watching their games on ESPN and Fox Sports. So my exposure and knowledge of the announcers was pretty limited.

Thanks for the bone.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » January 31st, 2012, 6:51 am

Mitch also used to be the PBP guy for the Kansas State Wildcats, and he was great there too. Having visited with Mitch several times, I can attest to the fact he's even a better human being. Great guy.

MVJ, I am slightly concerned that you know his apartment smells of rich mahogany.....However, your knowledge of Scott Howard's coach, Bobby Finstock, more than gives you a pass.....except that I think, but won't swear to, that it's creme cheese and not gravy.

I could be mistaken.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball