Who do you want to see in STL?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who do you want to see in STL?

Postby Aargh » February 2nd, 2012, 11:36 pm

Wow, people have stopped ripping me for wanting to see SIU or BU come out of Thursday. A lot of people didn't get the point of my earlier post. If SIU or BU comes out of Thursday and you are upset that I said any of the top six teams would wipe them out on a neutral court...

...Exactly who is it that's going to finish in the bottom four that SIU or BU is going to beat to get out of Thursday? Is it your team?

If it's not your team, then there's no chance (in the opinions on this board) that BU or SIU makes it to Friday night. Unless there is some fan base (other than SIU or BU) that wants to step up and say, "We're playing Thursday and we're going to lose", then there's no chance that SIU or BU makes it to Friday in the opinions of the erudite posters on this fine message board.

If there are no fan bases willing to admit that they're playing Thursday and are going to get beat by SIU or BU then (in the mindset of this board) there is no possibility that SIU or BU is playing on Friday. That makes putting "BU" or "SIU" and "Friday night" in the same sentence an oxymoron.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DawgieStyle » February 3rd, 2012, 6:59 am

Aargh wrote:Wow, people have stopped ripping me for wanting to see SIU or BU come out of Thursday. A lot of people didn't get the point of my earlier post. If SIU or BU comes out of Thursday and you are upset that I said any of the top six teams would wipe them out on a neutral court...

...Exactly who is it that's going to finish in the bottom four that SIU or BU is going to beat to get out of Thursday? Is it your team?

If it's not your team, then there's no chance (in the opinions on this board) that BU or SIU makes it to Friday night. Unless there is some fan base (other than SIU or BU) that wants to step up and say, "We're playing Thursday and we're going to lose", then there's no chance that SIU or BU makes it to Friday in the opinions of the erudite posters on this fine message board.

If there are no fan bases willing to admit that they're playing Thursday and are going to get beat by SIU or BU then (in the mindset of this board) there is no possibility that SIU or BU is playing on Friday. That makes putting "BU" or "SIU" and "Friday night" in the same sentence an oxymoron.

SIU won't make it off the plane, let alone Thursday night. We got issues, all in the form of Chris Lowery.

So what would I like to see? After SIU loses on thursday night, I'd like to see Mario Moccia, stroll out to center court, take over the PA system, and tell Lowery he's fired. That's what I'd like to see in St. Louis.

and yes, this is the same DawgieStyle from the old VT. Brother of former VT poster Braves2001, speller of Standford, hater of Drake, arch nemesis of Baller and loved to make fun of GoSMSGo and his bicycle.

It's me, I'm back.
DawgieStyle
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Heinro » February 5th, 2012, 10:47 am

1. Bradley
2. SIU
3. Evansville (though I want to avoid them because they will beat the crap out of you)
4. Drake
5. Ill. St.
6. Missouri St.
7. Northern Iowa
8. Indiana St.
9. Creighton
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » February 5th, 2012, 11:01 am

Aargh wrote:Wow, people have stopped ripping me for wanting to see SIU or BU come out of Thursday. A lot of people didn't get the point of my earlier post. If SIU or BU comes out of Thursday and you are upset that I said any of the top six teams would wipe them out on a neutral court...

If Simons misses the rest of the season (very possible), I could see either BU or SIU beating Drake on Thursday night.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 5th, 2012, 4:43 pm

so I'll just drop it at that

Very good idea.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » February 5th, 2012, 7:20 pm