If WSU Doesn't Lose to Drake....

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 31st, 2012, 8:56 am

Spinning off from the other thread about whether Marshall's teams lose clutch game...

If WSU beats Drake, do we have a different result in bracketbusters?

Play along for a moment....

Lets say WSU beats Drake. It is then possible they jump into the top 25 in at least one of the polls. If they are ranked, it makes it a lot easier for ESPn to create two marquee games with 4 ranked teams to chose from. WSU could go to Murray and Creighton could host St Mary's, with ESPn marketing the hell out of both games as "4 of the best midmajors in America" or whatever silly tagline they want to use. The fact that both games would involve two ranked opponents may generate some casual interest from those wanting to see teams that will be in the NCAA tournament. Further, St Mary's wouldn't be the only appealing road team to select from....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: If WSU Doesn't Lose to Drake....

Postby BirdmanBB » January 31st, 2012, 9:00 am

Doesn't sound like it. Elgin said that ESPN was discussing the St. Mary's/Murray St. matchup weeks ago assuming Murray was still undefeated.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockerengr » January 31st, 2012, 10:33 am

I'd like to think that if WSU wins, we'd get Murray State...but I just don't think it would have mattered. ESPN just seemed set on setting up SMU and MSU
shockerengr
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdmanBB » January 31st, 2012, 10:35 am

Like I said in the other thread, wouldn't it be funny if Murray St. loses two games before the bracketbuster event. Everyone will be loving these matchups at that point (except for CU).
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » January 31st, 2012, 12:49 pm

uh...Davidson lost at 291 samford on Saturday yet they were rewarded. Don't tell me SMC/Murray St. wasn't already set up.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » January 31st, 2012, 2:46 pm

Sounds like it was going to be Murray State vs. SMC unless Murray State lost. WSU losing to Drake I don't think mattered. I might have bought it if WSU was paired against ORU (the next obvious choice if it wasn't Murray State) but they got Davidson which was a horrible pick. ESPN apparently didn't think much of the Shox anyway. It would be funny if Murray State lost prior to this game, would probably deflate the ratings a bit for ESPN.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 31st, 2012, 3:35 pm

If Wichita State doesn't lose to Drake.....

Then maybe Indiana State would still have a blackout against Drake, but they wouldn't produce this riduculous video: http://vimeo.com/35926783
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » January 31st, 2012, 4:06 pm

MoValley John wrote:If Wichita State doesn't lose to Drake.....

Then maybe Indiana State would still have a blackout against Drake, but they wouldn't produce this riduculous video: http://vimeo.com/35926783

Haha, wow, sad promotion but maybe their blackout will be better than Drake's sad white out. Nothing will compare to Creighton's Pink Out!
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball