Bears v. Shox, Wednesday 7pm CST

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MSUDuo » January 31st, 2012, 1:07 pm

Favorite game of the year!!!

Lunardi has to be drunk. From his latest Bracketology blog

Games to watch:
Wednesday: Wichita State vs. Missouri State (8:05 p.m.)
The Bears desperately want to crawl back into the at-large picture.

I wish I had the optimistic outlook that this could actually happen but I'm not going to get my hopes up. It would take winning out until Sunday in St. Louis and well, this Bears team isn't going to pull that off.

Any ways, back to the game, can't wait! Any Shockers fan making the trip to Springfield?
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bears v. Shox, Wednesday 7pm CST

Postby Heinro » January 31st, 2012, 1:38 pm

Very worried about this game. MSU will be ready for a fight, hopefully coming off of a loss will fire us up. Most of all I am worried that this game might be a must win for our bubble.

:Shocks:
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shockem » January 31st, 2012, 3:11 pm

Looking forward to the game but Weems always seems to save the heroics for WSU. I'll be glad when he's gone. Stutz needs to have a big game and our guards need to play smart and make shots for us to win in Springpatch.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUBear42 » January 31st, 2012, 3:53 pm

Patterson has gone from being 50/50 to now not playing, according to Lusk... that hurts.
MSUBear42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » January 31st, 2012, 3:58 pm

MSUBear42 wrote:Patterson has gone from being 50/50 to now not playing, according to Lusk... that hurts.

If Patterson is not playing tomorrow, I just don't see a viable path to victory for the Bears. And it kills me to say that.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby beatingrillz » January 31st, 2012, 5:00 pm

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:
MSUBear42 wrote:Patterson has gone from being 50/50 to now not playing, according to Lusk... that hurts.

If Patterson is not playing tomorrow, I just don't see a viable path to victory for the Bears. And it kills me to say that.

He participated in 75% of practice this very afternoon. He won't likely be 100% but I would imagine he will play, he left practice to go get the fluid drained and should be ready. Even Lusk was shocked at how much CP was able to participate.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 2livewu » January 31st, 2012, 5:08 pm

What do they say about a wounded dog?

I expect a huge game from Weems, and a big performance from the Bears. It's going to take a big game from the Shocks to pull this out.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 31st, 2012, 5:18 pm

My favorite game of the year too. Hope we have a big crowd and it's LOUD.

I like our chances if Patterson is able to play some and contribute. If he can't play it will be tough. Especially if Stutz comes to play. Need a big game from Weems for sure.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 31st, 2012, 5:55 pm

I don't predict many games, but I have the Shockers winning this one. They are the better team, they are coming off a heartbreaking loss and Marshall will have them ready to play. Missouri State is Playing for respect, but Wichita State is playing for a seed in the dance. Nobody will be looking ahead and everyone will be focused. When that happens, the good money is on the better team.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 31st, 2012, 10:15 pm

MSU always plays great games against WSU. Weems seems to especially hate WSU. He is from Turgeon's home town, and Turgeon barely recruited him at all. Both Weems and his mother hate WSU for that. Weems will be pumped.

Marshall hasn't been kind to a couple of Shox in some media interviews. We'll see how they respond to criticism.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball