Bears v. Shox, Wednesday 7pm CST

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bears v. Shox, Wednesday 7pm CST

Postby shocks771 » February 1st, 2012, 11:15 pm

beatingrillz wrote:You must not have been at the game then. I wouldn't call that shaking hands and walking off.

Give it up, your hatred for the Shockers is pathetic. The better team won period so just suck it up and take your whipping like a man.
shocks771
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » February 1st, 2012, 11:16 pm

Haha wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:You must not have been at the game then. I wouldn't call that shaking hands and walking off.
Don't think for a second that all the trash I'm sure Weems and his buddy (can't remember last years center) talked wasn't part of what drawn in Ragland for whatever he was doing.

Will Creekmore.

I'm not condoning this trash talking back and forth, it's unproductive, but the person in which you were referring was Will Creekmore.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 1st, 2012, 11:21 pm

Haha wrote:

What did Ragland do? Make a slashing motion across his throat? beat his chest like a wild animal after every shot made? Let every body know he is an a-hole by throwing up the azzhole sign all the way back down the court? Was Raglands mom screaming for an hour and 40 minutes at all ranges, some only dogs can hear?

Get over it, if it was a bear doing it you would be cool with it, it was a shox that just beat the bears and you and Lusk are butt hurt. Don't think for a second that all the trash I'm sure Weems and his buddy (can't remember last years center) talked wasn't part of what drawn in Ragland for whatever he was doing. So in short Ragland needs to keep his mouth shut but don't act like Weems and pals don't run theirs as well.

In his post game comments Lusk said it was just heat of the moment stuff and he said Ragland was "a good kid". You'd be better off following his example and not degrade opposition players especially after a win. It sounds pretty ridiculous.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 1st, 2012, 11:26 pm

Solid workmanlike win for the Shockers. That is what good teams do and they performed at the level of a good team playing in a hostile situation. We need to burn those uniforms they are bad karma I am afraid.

Ragland ought not run his mouth and gesticulate as he did. I respect the Shockers team but this East Coast kid is just something else. On the playground in Massachusetts that may be acceptable behavior but in organized basketball in the Midwest it is not considered classy. Then to try to relate this behavior to Weems and Creekmore is laughable. They never went that far and even if they did they were champions which speaks to that. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it is something that Gregg needs to get a better handle on if he wants WSU to be highly respected as a model program.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » February 1st, 2012, 11:29 pm

UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » February 1st, 2012, 11:36 pm

glm38 wrote:
Haha wrote:

What did Ragland do? Make a slashing motion across his throat? beat his chest like a wild animal after every shot made? Let every body know he is an a-hole by throwing up the azzhole sign all the way back down the court? Was Raglands mom screaming for an hour and 40 minutes at all ranges, some only dogs can hear?

Get over it, if it was a bear doing it you would be cool with it, it was a shox that just beat the bears and you and Lusk are butt hurt. Don't think for a second that all the trash I'm sure Weems and his buddy (can't remember last years center) talked wasn't part of what drawn in Ragland for whatever he was doing. So in short Ragland needs to keep his mouth shut but don't act like Weems and pals don't run theirs as well.

In his post game comments Lusk said it was just heat of the moment stuff and he said Ragland was "a good kid". You'd be better off following his example and not degrade opposition players especially after a win. It sounds pretty ridiculous.

Was I not speaking the truth? What part about Weems was a lie? I simply pointed out his actions which he clearly is not ashamed of. How was this degrading? I was not looking to bring him down a notch, I simply pointed out what notch he chooses to hang out on and proudly display.

My point being was pretty simple...what goes around comes around.

Also I think Ragland should keep his mouth shut he runs it WAY to often, and I believe I already mentioned that.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Haha » February 1st, 2012, 11:38 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Then to try to relate this behavior to Weems and Creekmore is laughable. They never went that far and even if they did they were champions which speaks to that. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it is something that Gregg needs to get a better handle on if he wants WSU to be highly respected as a model program.

I wonder if it is accepted in CUSA, let us know please.
Last edited by Haha on February 1st, 2012, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » February 1st, 2012, 11:39 pm

I didn't see it, but I'll take your word for Ragland's antics. And if so, they aren't acceptable and I can promise you they will be corrected. Gregg enjoys letting the scoreboard talk, NOT his players. The program won't accept that kind of behavior.

That being said, it's hardly the norm. These guys tend to keep a very even keel. Sorry if he offended anyone.

I find it hard to believe it rises to even close to the level of Weems' antics 2 AND 3 YEARS AGO, much less last season.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 1st, 2012, 11:45 pm

2livewu wrote:I didn't see it, but I'll take your word for Ragland's antics. And if so, they aren't acceptable and I can promise you they will be corrected. Gregg enjoys letting the scoreboard talk, NOT his players. The program won't accept that kind of behavior.

That being said, it's hardly the norm. These guys tend to keep a very even keel. Sorry if he offended anyone.

I find it hard to believe it rises to even close to the level of Weems' antics 2 AND 3 YEARS AGO, much less last season.

I can appreciate your response. You seem to be a good poster but we will probably never see eye to eye on Weems. I honestly think that being from Topeka causes him some extra grief from WSU fans.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 1st, 2012, 11:50 pm

The whole Weems thing has been discussed ad nauseam. I strongly disagree but I'm not going to get into a debate about it.

IMO Grillz shouldn't have brought up Ragland running his mouth a bit after the game. Big deal. Almost all teams have one or more players that feed off their emotions and do a bit of trash talking. Larry Bird was one of the best trash talkers of all time. You don't hear people running him down for that do you?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball