SIU at UNI (TUES, Jan 31st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SIU at UNI (TUES, Jan 31st)

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 31st, 2012, 9:47 pm

I said at the beginning of the game it would be the first team to 50 that won. I have said that about many SIU vs UNI games, but this time it was for a very different reason. This was possibly one of the worst basketball games I have ever seen. For the majority of it, it was worse than an 8th grade girls game. #34 for SIU may have been one of the worst DI basketball players I have ever seen too. He was just awful. Deon Mitchell finally came through and had a big game. Although he could have scored 30 if he made any layups. It felt like he missed 10. Though looking he was 3-11 from the field, and at least one of those was a 3 pointer so I guess he didn't clank as many layups as I thought.

If we play like that on Saturday we will get beat by 50.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » January 31st, 2012, 10:04 pm

I don't think either team is as bad as they looked tonight, and hopefully, they don't play that badly anymore.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 31st, 2012, 10:42 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:As bad as that game was, Illinois-Mich St was actually worse!

Oh my! I just did a quick scan of that game and it made SIU- UNI look like the Harlem Globetrotters!!!

42-41 Illinois.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » February 1st, 2012, 8:31 am

Ugly game but a win's a win.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 1st, 2012, 4:31 pm

Most teams have a game or 2 over the course of the season where they look pretty wretched. The Bears looked absolutely horrible during their last game with Bradley. Even though they somehow ended up winning.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball