Evansville Aces at Bradley Braves (Wed, Feb 1st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville Aces at Bradley Braves (Wed, Feb 1st)

Postby sixth ace » February 1st, 2012, 8:02 pm

53-27
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » February 1st, 2012, 8:04 pm

Score is
Evansville 53
Bradley 27

Quote was with maybe a minute left in the half
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby sixth ace » February 1st, 2012, 9:04 pm

UE by a bunch

Is 30 enough?
Last edited by sixth ace on February 1st, 2012, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » February 1st, 2012, 9:05 pm

Aces win 92-62.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby klinky » February 1st, 2012, 9:20 pm

Outstanding road play for the Aces. We've been waiting years to be able to enjoy a road victory like this. I didn't think I'd ever live to see an Aces 30 point win at Peoria.

Says a lot for the Bradley fans that over 7,000 would show when the team is struggling through this type of season.
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » February 1st, 2012, 9:27 pm

klinky wrote:Outstanding road play for the Aces. We've been waiting years to be able to enjoy a road victory like this. I didn't think I'd ever live to see an Aces 30 point win at Peoria.

Says a lot for the Bradley fans that over 7,000 would show when the team is struggling through this type of season.

Too bad other teams in this confernce can't get that many people when they have a great team...and I'm looking at you UNI!
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » February 1st, 2012, 11:40 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
klinky wrote:Outstanding road play for the Aces. We've been waiting years to be able to enjoy a road victory like this. I didn't think I'd ever live to see an Aces 30 point win at Peoria.

Too bad other teams in this confernce can't get that many people when they have a great team...and I'm looking at you UNI!

Really???? WSU and UNI in A Bradley/UE Game thread???
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » February 1st, 2012, 11:49 pm

klinky wrote:Says a lot for the Bradley fans that over 7,000 would show when the team is struggling through this type of season.

There were not over 7000 in attendance tonight. The reported number was definitely "tickets sold" but BU's season ticket base is greater than 7000. There probably was some walkup, but not much. There were probably 1500 or so no shows.

But we were surprised at the number of people who actually did show for a Wednesday night game against the Aces.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 2nd, 2012, 3:05 pm

I apologize to the Purple Aces that the Braves did not give them a better effort. Evansville is really improved. Bradley's players have gotten quite a bit worse that last couple of seasons while the rest of the league has gotten better (the league as a whole).

Bradley has two players who would play any type of real minutes on all other MVC teams. In a weird way the more blowouts, the better. Hopefully that will convince the Prez and AD that Geno Ford should be able to clean some roster space for more scholarships.

I really like Colt Ryan and the freshman center has some potential. Aces should compete next year.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » February 2nd, 2012, 3:15 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:I apologize to the Purple Aces that the Braves did not give them a better effort. Evansville is really improved. Bradley's players have gotten quite a bit worse that last couple of seasons while the rest of the league has gotten better (the league as a whole).

Bradley has two players who would play any type of real minutes on all other MVC teams. In a weird way the more blowouts, the better. Hopefully that will convince the Prez and AD that Geno Ford should be able to clean some roster space for more scholarships.

I really like Colt Ryan and the freshman center has some potential. Aces should compete next year.

I am not a big fan of cleaning roster space. These kids are 18 years old when they make a commitment. A commitment that if it doesn't pan out, they lose an additional year if they go somewhere else. While I think it is acceptable for coaches to sway kids that aren't going to see much playing time to smaller programs, I do not like the cleaning roster spot mentality. Schools should go out of their way to commit four years to those kids even though the NCAA rules that athletic scholarships are year to year. It is totally unfair to the kid.

That said, the mess has been building at Bradley for a few years and when Maniscalco transferred out, the cupboard was pretty bare. Bradley fans need to give Ford at least three years minimum before they start looking for any major changes. If Shocker fans would have jumped ship on Marshall his first year at Wichita State, there is no guessing how far that program could have slipped. Look where it is now.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball