Standings after 12 games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings after 12 games

Postby starcityjay » February 4th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Jays26 wrote:
starcityjay wrote:
Jays26 wrote:
Does UNI have a shot at a win...of course, that's why they play the game. Legit shot???? Nope.

Count me as one who thinks UNI has a legit shot to win. Last night was CU's best game of the year (or at least one of the best). No team plays at their best level each and every night. If CU plays like they did against Bradley, UNI could certainly beat them.

Sorry Starcityjay....that makes no sense. CU doesn't have to play to that level that they played last night to beat UNI. (and I'm not even sure that was there best game of the year) Heck if they score 102 again they might beat UNI by 40! Your saying if they play like they did against Bradley that UNI has a shot, that I agree with!

But this years history shows they don't play that way often so there goes UNI's "legit" shot.

"Legit shot" to me would mean a better than 50 percent chance of winning the game, and I don't think anyone thinks that. But hey...maybe I'm wrong. :buddies:

You're right, Jays26, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess we have differing ideas on what a "legit shot" to win means.
starcityjay
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » February 6th, 2012, 9:18 am

Thanks! I know I was right.

I guess what YOU are saying is that you think your team, the Jays, play like crap more often than they play well. Nice!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby starcityjay » February 6th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Jays26 wrote:Thanks! I know I was right.

I guess what YOU are saying is that you think your team, the Jays, play like crap more often than they play well. Nice!

No, not at all. I just think I have a more rational, balanced view of our team. We are good, but we're not Kentucky. I thought we played okay, not great, but certainly not "like crap". UNI played very good, but I wouldn't say they played "lights out" either. On the road, that combination is good enough to result in a UNI win. You, on the other hand, think that it had to be some kind of once in a century upset for UNI to win. I disagreed. Since we can't replay the game 100 times in a controlled setting, I guess we'll never know.

By the way, I again give Evansville a "legit chance" to beat us. Do I think the odds are in their favor? Certainly not...but it could happen and it wouldn't be a complete "shocker" (to abuse the name of our current chief rival :) ). Go Jays!
starcityjay
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball