Standings after 12 games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings after 12 games

Postby shocktheheart » February 2nd, 2012, 1:35 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:
I'm sure every BlowJay player will remain standing unless absolutely rammed by a Sherman tank-which we have none on our roster, so they should all remain upright on defense. Also sure I won't EVER see a Creighton player grab a UNI player or hold a player from making a cut or throw a shoulder into a screener or reach or slap or anything because as we know, they are perfect little angels who play flawless basketball that is crisp and clean as a baby's ass.

Nice description of the UNI playbook!!! You left out the part where it is required of every player to sport an obscene amount of "body art."

Also, I am the parent of five children and I can guarantee you that there is nothing clean about a baby's ass.

With you the Mo Valley...5 kids myself all boys and there isn't anything clean about a baby. All they do is sh@t, sleep and tear you house to pieces. Which team does have the most body art? WSU not so bad this year.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Khan4Cats » February 2nd, 2012, 1:43 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:
I'm sure every BlowJay player will remain standing unless absolutely rammed by a Sherman tank-which we have none on our roster, so they should all remain upright on defense. Also sure I won't EVER see a Creighton player grab a UNI player or hold a player from making a cut or throw a shoulder into a screener or reach or slap or anything because as we know, they are perfect little angels who play flawless basketball that is crisp and clean as a baby's ass.

Nice description of the UNI playbook!!! You left out the part where it is required of every player to sport an obscene amount of "body art."

Also, I am the parent of five children and I can guarantee you that there is nothing clean about a baby's ass.

Yep, ALL UNI players have body art. And NO ONE on Creighton sports anything, no funny haircuts, no flashy different colored shoes, arm pads or leggings, etc. etc. Perfect angels in every way.

Must be great to be perfect with no deficiencies of any kind, just like President Obama and Omaha's own Warren Buffett. Oh well, anything short of the Final Four will be a colossal failure for God's and the Dominican's or Franciscans or whoever the F- I don't really care, gift to the Valley and all of basketball.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » February 2nd, 2012, 1:57 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
Yep, ALL UNI players have body art. And NO ONE on Creighton sports anything, no funny haircuts, no flashy different colored shoes, arm pads or leggings, etc. etc. Perfect angels in every way.

Must be great to be perfect with no deficiencies of any kind, just like President Obama and Omaha's own Warren Buffett. Oh well, anything short of the Final Four will be a colossal failure for God's and the Dominican's or Franciscans or whoever the F- I don't really care, gift to the Valley and all of basketball.

Jesuits. They are Jesuits at Creighton. That means Society of Jesus. It is pronounced jes-u-its. Originally formed by Ignatius of Loyola, the Jesuits are one of, if not the largest orders in the Catholic Church. I myself, am not a big fan of the Jesuits, I find them much too liberal and stray in different areas of church doctrine. I was educated by the Benedictines.

As for Creighton players and body art, they are almost sparkly clean in that regard. There may be more than one player with tattoos, but off hand, the only one player I can think of is Josh Jones. Most of the other guys would look silly with body art, but Jones can pull it off.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » February 2nd, 2012, 2:00 pm

Come to think of it, Young might have a few tattoos, but they are pretty tame and don't stand out.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 2nd, 2012, 2:00 pm

valleychamp wrote:Are you coming to the game in CF, DJA? I will buy you a drink after the game. You cannot possibly be this much of a smug DB in real life.

Not this year, but I've been in the past.

We have a new one of those babies that Khan talked about. Unfortunately, our baby's ass (just like the asses of our other two children) more resembles the asses of MVJ's and Shocktheheart's children rather than what Khan fantasizes them to be like.

With that little one and the weather forecast that has my wife in full blizzard mode (mandatory trip to the grocery store, panicking about going outside and every other silly thing that weather panickers tend to do), has left me unable to make the trip this year. Plus, even if I wanted to go, UNI fans actually have decided to turn out for this one so I couldn't get a ticket.

I would be up for a beer in the future (I'll even teach you how to walk into the UNI "suites" during a game). Likewise, if you ever come to Omaha for a game, I'd buy you a beer as well. :Cheers:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 2nd, 2012, 2:03 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:Yep, ALL UNI players have body art. And NO ONE on Creighton sports anything, no funny haircuts, no flashy different colored shoes,

Big fan of cancer, are ya?

As for appearance issues, I'll grant you that Artino does have one of those silly "chin strap" beards. Then again, he does hail from Iowa... 8-)
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 2nd, 2012, 2:09 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:Yep, ALL UNI players have body art. And NO ONE on Creighton sports anything, no funny haircuts, no flashy different colored shoes,

As for appearance issues, I'll grant you that Artino does have one of those silly "chin strap" beards. Then again, he does hail from Iowa... 8-)

Oh, you mean its "normal" for him to wear pink shoes for cancer, but when Marc Sonnen puts Tatoos on his body to honor his deceased mother the is a tatted up thug?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 2nd, 2012, 2:11 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Are you coming to the game in CF, DJA? I will buy you a drink after the game. You cannot possibly be this much of a smug DB in real life.

Not this year, but I've been in the past.

We have a new one of those babies that Khan talked about. Unfortunately, our baby's ass (just like the asses of our other two children) more resembles the asses of MVJ's and Shocktheheart's children rather than what Khan fantasizes them to be like.

With that little one and the weather forecast that has my wife in full blizzard mode (mandatory trip to the grocery store, panicking about going outside and every other silly thing that weather panickers tend to do), has left me unable to make the trip this year. Plus, even if I wanted to go, UNI fans actually have decided to turn out for this one so I couldn't get a ticket.

I would be up for a beer in the future (I'll even teach you how to walk into the UNI "suites" during a game). Likewise, if you ever come to Omaha for a game, I'd buy you a beer as well. :Cheers:

Don't forget the mik, bottled water, batteries, blankets, snow plow, shovel, cans of soup, ice melt, ice scraper, and everything else my wife wants to buy when we MAY get above an inch. Some people think we may die if you can't go outdoors for a day or so.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 2nd, 2012, 2:11 pm

valleychamp wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:

Oh, you mean its "normal" for him to wear pink shoes for cancer, but when Marc Sonnen puts Tatoos on his body to honor his deceased mother the is a tatted up thug?

You've got me confused with MVJ. He's the one who made comments about tattoos, not I.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drake2010 » February 2nd, 2012, 2:12 pm

To get back on topic, with 3-9 up for grabs, what will it take for each team to stay out of Thursday and what are your guys' predictions for each team?
Drake2010
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball