Creighton @ UNI, Sat. 2/4 4pm (FoxSports MW)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton @ UNI, Sat. 2/4 4pm (FoxSports MW)

Postby unipanther99 » February 6th, 2012, 1:27 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
For a fan of school that has a hard time getting students to show up, That last sentence is pretty funny.

I'd hope our students wouldn't ever rush the floor over a win against a conference opponent. EVER!

And I disagree about the students only rushing the floor because of the way the game ended. I think that as long as UNI won, there was going to be a floor storming. It is almost like the entire student section has no idea that UNI went to the Sweet Sixteen and ranked in the top 20 a mere two years ago.

Why are you under the impression that UNI has a hard time getting students to show up? Community members, yes... We have a well documented problem there. As for the students, they've been fantastic.

As for your last comment, I would imagine over half of the student section is made up of Freshman and Sophomores who were in high school when UNI beat Kansas. For those kids, this is the biggest win they've had a chance to witness in person. The court storming debate will always be there. While I didn't storm, I certainly jumped up and down and probably looked like a complete idiot after that shot went in.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby achrist70 » February 6th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Stood in the front row of the students section, we were not going to storm the court, there was no reason to storm it for a 5 to 10 point win, (we consider ourselves better than Iowa State who seems to storm the court for anything), but when ANTHONY JAMES's shot went down I was hurdling the press table.

As for the booing, Creighton fans boo more things than any other fan base I have ever saw, if a ref called a foul on a Creighton player for punching an opposing teams player in the face there would be Creighton fans who would boo the call.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jays26 » February 6th, 2012, 1:56 pm

achrist70 wrote:Stood in the front row of the students section, we were not going to storm the court, there was no reason to storm it for a 5 to 10 point win, (we consider ourselves better than Iowa State who seems to storm the court for anything), but when ANTHONY JAMES's shot went down I was hurdling the press table.

As for the booing, Creighton fans boo more things than any other fan base I have ever saw, if a ref called a foul on a Creighton player for punching an opposing teams player in the face there would be Creighton fans who would boo the call.

Well I know you're being silly now....we all know that no Creighton player would ever punch another player. :bounce:
Last edited by Jays26 on February 6th, 2012, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » February 6th, 2012, 1:58 pm

No debate on this one. I fully endorse UNI storming the court with the McDermott connection and way the game ended. And I usually hate to see it.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » February 6th, 2012, 2:38 pm

That was easily our biggest win since beating Kansas IMO. Does anyone disagree with that? A bitter rival, with the McDermott(s) situtation, plus CU being #12 in the nation, and after that HUGE 3 but Young to tie it up and then Anthony hit's nails his own...explain to me how that doesn't warrant the emotion shown by Panther fans and students? Besides we never really had the ability to rush the court after Kansas so we've just been saving it away lol.

It's much different than Iowa State winning by 8 and rushing the court on Kansas when it had been clear for the past few minutes that the Cyclones were going to win.

The only excuse I can come up with is because it was against Creighton, and you're a Jay fan. Or you're Matt Perrault and still feeling a little blue (horrific pun intended) ;)
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » February 6th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Rush the court...don't rush the court......not sure many really give a rat's @ss. Personally I am glad you did and it ended up on highlights all over the country.

A great win for your program, probably the biggest you have had considering the situation. Now let's see if you can take advantage of it.

The Jays will be just fine...to be honest I was amazed that they could/should have forced overtime with Young's shot.

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball