shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Indiana State @ WSU (9pm - ESPN2)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red » February 6th, 2012, 8:52 am

AndShock wrote:If Stutz keeps up this run, MVP should go to whichever one's team wins the league.

Thanks for the chuckle.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 6th, 2012, 10:41 am

McDermott.

Points and rebounding.

Particularly rebounding. He has a Paul Silas nose for the ball....sorta. Still he has a good nose for the ball.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 6th, 2012, 11:10 am

shockem wrote:There's your first team, plus one more - I'd bet Young or Rice for the 5th spot

Yeah, I think Doug is clearly #1. Stutz, Weems, and Ryan are all 1a. If MSU or Evansville was tied for first with WSU, and CU was .500 in conference, the award would go to someone from the 1a list. Guys like Rice, Simons, T. Brown, Seck, Young, Gregg E, Odum, Ragland, Murry, James and Carmichael are VERY good second tier guys.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » February 6th, 2012, 2:32 pm

I'm pretty sure this discussion follows the same line as the thread about UNI getting to an at large status.

If WSU wins out and Stutz averages 24-11 the last 5 Valley games, he should be the MVP and deservedly so.

If he isn't (under that highly unlikely scenario) then something is wrong and people are voting on what happened out of conference. However, I would expect EXACTLY that to happen, under my highly unlikely scenario.

Doug is averaging 3.7 points more per game, and Garrett gets 1 more rebound per game in Valley play. Doug is shooting 62% and 81% from the line and Garrett is 60% and 88%. Both are borderline dominating right now.

It is debatable who is the better defensive player. Neither will be on the all defensive team although Garrett has become more than serviceable of late, and Doug is not a very good defender.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball