Indiana State @ WSU (9pm - ESPN2)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby isumvc1 » February 4th, 2012, 6:50 am

Shockers a 16 point favorite, probably not enough, should be more like 20-25 IMO

looking forward to seeing the crazy atmosphere at Koch on a Saturday night on ESPN2

edit: game is on espn2, not espn
Last edited by isumvc1 on February 4th, 2012, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Indiana State @ WSU (9pm - ESPN)

Postby PowderBlue » February 4th, 2012, 7:44 am

State has been playing better of late. The atmosphere at WSU is always ridiculous, ESPN may change that a little...but probably not an incredible amount. After the game that happened in Wichita last year, anything can happen...but I'd really have to think hard about taking WSU even with the 16 point spread - and I'm a Sycs homer.

I do look forward to seeing if Mahurin can guard Stutz. He's been a breath of fresh air inside recently...but Stutz is the first legit big man that he should see big minutes against.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » February 4th, 2012, 8:17 am

PowderBlue wrote:State has been playing better of late. The atmosphere at WSU is always ridiculous, ESPN may change that a little...but probably not an incredible amount. After the game that happened in Wichita last year, anything can happen...but I'd really have to think hard about taking WSU even with the 16 point spread - and I'm a Sycs homer.

I do look forward to seeing if Mahurin can guard Stutz. He's been a breath of fresh air inside recently...but Stutz is the first legit big man that he should see big minutes against.

Why would ESPN change the atmosphere? The late start should have more time to "lube up" the students which should do the opposite in my opinion.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 4th, 2012, 8:37 am

PowderBlue wrote:State has been playing better of late. The atmosphere at WSU is always ridiculous, ESPN may change that a little...but probably not an incredible amount. After the game that happened in Wichita last year, anything can happen...but I'd really have to think hard about taking WSU even with the 16 point spread - and I'm a Sycs homer.

Mahurin is a good player but I think he's probably out of his league with Stutz the way he's playing this year. The Bears freshman Kirk had been playing pretty good D so far but he just couldn't handle him (Stutz). Too much of a height and weight discrepancy. I think the trees should take a lesson from the bears game and pack it in and double team Stutz (which we didn't do). Make the Shox beat them from outside.

Lots of good basketball on this evening. In addition to the MVC games MU/KU should be good one.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » February 4th, 2012, 9:01 am

he probably meant it will make the atmosphere at Koch even louder than what it normally is

shocktheheart wrote:

Why would ESPN change the atmosphere? The late start should have more time to "lube up" the students which should do the opposite in my opinion.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Indiana State @ WSU (9pm - ESPN2)

Postby shockem » February 4th, 2012, 9:08 am

16 points is way too much. The Sycs always play the Shox tough and I'd predict a 4-6 point shocker win.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 4th, 2012, 9:15 am

I don't see a 16 point win, but I have been wrong everytime I have said that when other teams were coming to town. So who knows.

As far as the atmosphere, it has been disappointing this year. Don't get me wrong, it is still one of the best. It's just not what you would expect from a WSU crowd. I don't know if fans are starting to just expect the Shockers to win so they don't get as crazy. I guess we are a little spoiled and are probably taking things for granted. It's a little disappointing.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PowderBlue » February 4th, 2012, 9:23 am

isumvc1 is right, I meant ESPN and the late start making it a little louder than normal...but it's always crazy there.

The trees ran two and three guys at Stutz in TH, so I don't expect that to change there, but Mahurin wasn't a big part of the plan against him. Walker and Kitchell did most of the dirty work down low in that game. Mahurin has become a bigger part of the rotation since that game, so I wonder if it was just a match up idea or if the staff has more faith in Mahurin now.

shockem wrote:16 points is way too much. The Sycs always play the Shox tough and I'd predict a 4-6 point shocker win.

If the Sycs are within 5 near the end of the game, then things are definitely trending in the right direction for the blue team. At least they have some confidence coming into this one.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 4th, 2012, 10:18 am

Effort will be there for the Shocks.

They are in no mood to put up with part 2 of last year's embarrassement.

If the Shocks shoot >46%, it is likely that they will win.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » February 4th, 2012, 10:56 am

16 isn't quite enough, the line will trend towards 20+ as the day goes on, remember what happened to ISU in Omaha not that long ago...

shockem wrote:16 points is way too much. The Sycs always play the Shox tough and I'd predict a 4-6 point shocker win.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball