Indiana State @ WSU (9pm - ESPN2)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State @ WSU (9pm - ESPN2)

Postby valleychamp » February 5th, 2012, 4:48 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:Does Indiana State have a strength and conditioning program?

Yeah, actually is a pretty unique program. It allows them to get stronger at the end of the year, and eliminate those "big strong athletic shocker teams" at Arch Madness. Maybe your shox should give it a try?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bleach » February 5th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Right now, Stutz IS MVP for me. I know Doug has huge stats but i've never watched a game this year that he looks impressive. Every game I see stutz he's impressive. Personally, I would prefer Doug. I like him and CU better than Garret and WSU but, Stutz is the man from what i've witnessed personally.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » February 5th, 2012, 6:15 pm

bleach wrote:Right now, Stutz IS MVP for me. I know Doug has huge stats but i've never watched a game this year that he looks impressive. Every game I see stutz he's impressive. Personally, I would prefer Doug. I like him and CU better than Garret and WSU but, Stutz is the man from what i've witnessed personally.

You might need to watch more games. :D
Go watch a replay of Doug @ Bradley. I was able to be at that one and just :shock:
Among other games.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bleach » February 5th, 2012, 6:29 pm

To have the stats that Doug has, he's obviously just shy in front of me.
Big stats against BU as opposed to WSU or MSU could indicate domination against lesser competition too though.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 5th, 2012, 7:09 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:Does Indiana State have a strength and conditioning program?

Yeah, actually is a pretty unique program. It allows them to get stronger at the end of the year, and eliminate those "big strong athletic shocker teams" at Arch Madness. Maybe your shox should give it a try?

Why don't you start at the beginning of the year so you do not lose so many games?

Just wondering.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » February 5th, 2012, 7:11 pm

bleach wrote:To have the stats that Doug has, he's obviously just shy in front of me.
Big stats against BU as opposed to WSU or MSU could indicate domination against lesser competition too though.

I just brought up that game for 2 reasons.

1. It was insane.
2. I was there.

He still has performed well in those games, mostly around his average but nothing unreal. Still 20 points is impressive in any game.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » February 5th, 2012, 10:01 pm

valleychamp wrote:

So is it their strategy to ignore the regular season and only train their muscles to explode on March 3, like a time bomb or a 0-day computer virus?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bluejays89 » February 5th, 2012, 11:05 pm

bleach wrote:To have the stats that Doug has, he's obviously just shy in front of me.

Stutz's numbers are strong against teams that don't have a strong post player, as well. His best conference games are against: Evansville X2, Bradley, Drake, Missouri State (minus Patterson), and Indiana State. His numbers are great these last 4-5 games but he has been as consistent as Mcdermott to win MVP.

Don't get me wrong Stutz is a beast but to say he deserves MVP over Mcdermott is crazy. He is without a doubt 1st team MVC though and the best Center in the league.

Stutz: 14.5 PPG, 8.0 RPG, .579 FG%, 1.2 AST, 1 BLK
Mcdermott: 23.4 PPG, 8.4 RPG, .624 FG%, .512 3PG%, 1.3 AST.

CU vs WSU (12/31):
Stutz: 5 points, 4 rebounds, 1 AST, 2 TO
Mcdermott: 12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 AST, 4 TO

Sorry for the long post
bluejays89
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AndShock » February 5th, 2012, 11:47 pm

If Stutz keeps up this run, MVP should go to whichever one's team wins the league.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 6th, 2012, 7:56 am

bluejays89 wrote:

Stutz's numbers are strong against teams that don't have a strong post player, as well. His best conference games are against: Evansville X2, Bradley, Drake, Missouri State (minus Patterson), and Indiana State. His numbers are great these last 4-5 games but he has been as consistent as Mcdermott to win MVP.

Don't get me wrong Stutz is a beast but to say he deserves MVP over Mcdermott is crazy. He is without a doubt 1st team MVC though and the best Center in the league.

Stutz: 14.5 PPG, 8.0 RPG, .579 FG%, 1.2 AST, 1 BLK
Mcdermott: 23.4 PPG, 8.4 RPG, .624 FG%, .512 3PG%, 1.3 AST.

CU vs WSU (12/31):
Stutz: 5 points, 4 rebounds, 1 AST, 2 TO
Mcdermott: 12 points, 7 rebounds, 3 AST, 4 TO

Sorry for the long post

bj89, everything you say is accurate and I agree...Doug will win the MVC POY and will be an excellent choice for the award. I did, however, want to point out Garrett's MVC only stats as GS often played only 10-20 minutes against some lesser competition in the OOC and was relegated to perimeter screener for our guards.

Here's (IMO) the MVC only stats for the four best players listed in order of height (NA if player is not top 10 and therefore not available on MVC site):

Player, MPG, PPG, RPG, APG, FG%, FT%, Stl, 3P%, Blk
Stutz, NA, 18.0, 9.4, NA, .60, .87, NA, NA, 1.4
D. McD, 34, 21.7, 8.5, NA, .62, NA, NA, .43, NA
Weems, 32, 18.1, 7.4, NA, NA, .84, NA, .53, NA
Ryan, 37, 22.4, NA, 3.5, NA, .90, 1.8, .44, NA
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball