Not a Rivalry!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Not a Rivalry!

Postby shocktheheart » February 6th, 2012, 3:26 pm

“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Not a Rivalry!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Not a Rivalry!

Postby PantherSigEp » February 6th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Reminds me of what UNI has with NDSU in football right now. Other than North Dakota State being the biggest threat to the Panthers in the conference, many fans still consider the Saluki's to be our rivals, and the Bison are just conference rivals who happen to be much better than SIU and have much more obnoxious. I don't have a solid opinion on the matter, but simply my observation from reading our forums.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 6th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Lunardi must not know WSU has never won Arch Madness

Chris (Wichita)

wichita v creighton saturday

Joe Lunardi
(4:57 PM)

Have to like Creighton at home, but I could easily see Wichita State winning at "Arch Madness."
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » February 7th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Added today:

8. Creighton-Wichita State (Missouri Valley): The recent success of both schools has intensified the rivalry. The Bluejays and Shockers are tied atop the Missouri Valley standings with 11-2 records. Creighton has 14 conference titles and Wichita State has six. Creighton, however, had lost three of their past four meetings against the Shockers entering the 2011-12 season. In 2009, Creighton beat the Shockers in the MVC tourney quarterfinals on a last-second shot, another matchup that elevated the rivalry. This season, the Bluejays defeated Wichita State 68-61 on New Year's Eve, and they'll meet for the second time this season on Saturday with first place on the line.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » February 7th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Also:
Wichita State at No. 15 Creighton (ESPN2/ESPN3.com, 5 p.m. ET, Saturday): Set the DVR now. The Missouri Valley's top squads clash for the second time this season. The Bluejays won the first meeting. But the Shockers have won 10 of their past 11 games since suffering that New Year's Eve loss. Creighton lost at Northern Iowa this past Saturday on a buzzer-beater. On Jan. 28, the previous Saturday, Wichita State suffered a triple-overtime loss at Drake. Seems like the Missouri Valley always produces fireworks on the weekend. What will happen when its top squads come together in Omaha, Neb., on Saturday?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... basketball
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball