Northern Iowa at Wichita State - Wed 2/8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ali » February 7th, 2012, 9:19 am

Lots at stake for both teams tomorrow night. I think we might have left it all on the court Saturday and am worried we could be flat. Hopefully Jake has the guys ready and the Shockers are looking ahead.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Northern Iowa at Wichita State - Wed 2/8

Postby 2livewu » February 7th, 2012, 10:33 am

I would be very happy if both teams played their A game. One of the ways WSU loses this game it to look ahead to Creighton.

Creighton won't matter if they aren't in the right mindset for UNI.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 7th, 2012, 12:37 pm

WSU wins easy. UNI had their game of the millennium on Saturday, replete with a court storming. It seems unlikely that they'll be able to get as hyped up two games in a row, but it would certainly benefit Creighton if they could...
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Hail Our Panthers » February 7th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Hopefully UNI will again play to their level of competition. We've had some success at CHA but I don't know if we can go in there and win without Kwadzo
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » February 7th, 2012, 12:55 pm

I think the Panthers like playing in front of a big-time crowd. It's one of the few times they get to do it every season so they tend to bring their A game.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » February 7th, 2012, 1:03 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:WSU wins easy. UNI had their game of the millennium on Saturday, replete with a court storming. It seems unlikely that they'll be able to get as hyped up two games in a row, but it would certainly benefit Creighton if they could...

+1

Shox by 25.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » February 7th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Shox have ridden the back of Garrett Stutz for the last 4 games and our outside shooting has been really bad. We need our shooters back because I'm afraid Tuttle will be ready and will force Garrett into foul trouble. Carl Hall may become a big factor as well.

Shox win by 6.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » February 7th, 2012, 3:23 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:WSU wins easy. UNI had their game of the millennium on Saturday, replete with a court storming. It seems unlikely that they'll be able to get as hyped up two games in a row, but it would certainly benefit Creighton if they could...

Unless you fit the shocker players with CU uniforms and have Hall put on a Dougie mask.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 7th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Jet915 wrote:

Unless you fit the shocker players with CU uniforms and have Hall put on a Dougie mask.

Not going to work as Hall's arms and legs would be a different skin color.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » February 7th, 2012, 3:37 pm

iSASO wrote:I think the Panthers like playing in front of a big-time crowd. It's one of the few times they get to do it every season so they tend to bring their A game.

Very true. The players have said many times in post game interviews how much they enjoy playing at CKA and the energy they get from the crowd. It's almost like they feed off the noise.

Given the success UNI has enjoyed in Wichita over the past several years, it makes sense.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball