Shockers at Bluejays on Saturday ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Shockers at Bluejays on Saturday ESPN2

Postby Haha » February 13th, 2012, 1:02 pm

beatingrillz wrote:
Haha wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:To think CU is an Anthony Downing jumper from being in 3rd place.

Oh brother...what are you a closet Evansville fan. Almost and only if, etc.

Last season MSU had plenty of last second drama. Does that mean they really weren't the best team last year? No of course not because over the course of the season thats going to happen. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. CU is in second place, easily. So why are we "thinking" about a missed jumper?

Easily? The reason that jumper would matter is if it goes in CU is in 3rd. I realize it is an "if" but the fact remain. Also, MSU had 2 games they lost by 1 point, CU has 2 double digit losses at home this years CU would get mopped by last years MSU team.

Whatever, when I look at the standings I see CU at 11-4 and MSU at 9-6.

Using your logic MSU is one Seck jump shot away from 8-7, so get real you clown.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FeartheQ » February 13th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Haha wrote:
Whatever, when I look at the standings I see CU at 11-4 and MSU at 9-6.

Using your logic MSU is one Seck jump shot away from 8-7, so get real you clown.

Actually Seck's jumper would have tied the game, not given them the lead.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Haha » February 13th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Again whatever, since none of this conversation is based in reality I've decided SIU wins in OT.

Seriously just own loses if you are going to own victories, makes you seem less like a jerk. I guess thats all I'm really trying to say.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » February 13th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Haha wrote:Again whatever, since none of this conversation is based in reality I've decided SIU wins in OT.

Seriously just own loses if you are going to own victories, makes you seem less like a jerk. I guess thats all I'm really trying to say.

:+1:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » February 13th, 2012, 1:54 pm

BTW....out of mourning......Congrat's to the Shockers....hopefully see you in St. Louis.

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 13th, 2012, 5:16 pm

LanceShock wrote:
uniftw wrote:
bluejays89 wrote:Kentucky has four players averaging more than 30 minutes a game and they seem to do just fine. Major problem is Gibbs having two bad/sore knees, Manigat hurting his knee after the Drake game and McDermott playing a lot of basketball since the summer.

When shots are not falling then energy level is poor, and to give WSU credit after every attempt of getting the momentum back in the second half they answered with a tough shot.

Creighton might need a lineup switch to get the momentum back because when Manigat is not hitting shots then he really is a liability out there. My hopeful lineup would include: Chatman, Young, Gibbs, McDermott, and Gregory E.

Shockers play like that in the tournament I would not be surprised to see them play past the second week.

Difference is Kentucky's 5th best player is still just as good as Doug....Put them in the Valley and they put up the same type of numbers as Doug.

The players Kentucky have are a completely different bread of player.

Then how do you explain Missouri State last year? Much like Creighton, they put a few guys out there to rack up a lot of minutes and were able to keep going.

True that MSU had a very short rotation last year and won the conference title. But we ran out of gas in St. Louis for sure due to that short rotation. It usually catches up with you.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rjl » February 14th, 2012, 8:06 am

I'll just go ahead and put this here.

=

rjl
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 14th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Well Dougie, should we have pizza tonight or hamburgers after the game?
Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ferd Berfel » February 14th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Ferd Berfel
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball