Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Bradley at Missouri State 2pm Sunday

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » February 12th, 2012, 7:03 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Im glad Paul Lusk did it...but I think it is horrible coaching to keep guys on the bench for extended time with two fouls. Weems is a 5th year senior. If you cant trust him to play with two fouls then you won't ever trust anyone. You don't get those minutes back that he sat.

Bradley is playing better than earlier in the season. I think Taylor Brown is wearing down some. 0-for-7 in the first half. Missed shots he normally makes. Walt Lemon, Jr is unpredictable but seeing him go from end-to-end with the ball is fun to watch.

MSU fans...does Patterson ever go down low or is everything 15 feet and out? He has good skills but 2.9 rebounds on the year?

I agree Lusk sat Weems too long. We were rolling the times he was in there and struggled at times when he went out.

Pickens had something to do with Brown's poor performance. Lusk started him (instead of Gulley) specifically to match up with Brown. If there's a better defensive player in the MVC this year than Pick I haven't seen it. He blocked 4 shots today. Including 2 by Bradley's center who is 5" taller.

Patterson can play in the low post and does at times. In fact he hit a jump hook and a turnaround bank shot on the block today. Rebounding is not his strength at all. Not sure why? That's the reason Kirk starts in front of him. But Patterson has one of the smoothest shots I've ever seen from big man.

Glad to get the win even though it was ugly. MSU this year has shown that they consistently play to the level of their opponent be that first place WSU or last place Bradley.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoBraves » February 13th, 2012, 9:34 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Ugly game but the Bears made enough shots and Bradley missed enough shots down the stretch for the difference. Bradley will never win when Taylor Brown goes 0-for-11 from the floor. The athletic guys (Pickins, Downing, Gulley) played well for the Bears. BU did a pretty nice job on Weems thanks in large part to Coach Lusk.

Bradley just can't shoot it and score it very well. Simms-Edwards made some shots and Lemon can be good when he is under control. At least Bradley didn't get blown out.

Missouri State plays hard. Teams 3-9 in this league are just so close to each other.

BU played really hard too. Again, not enough depth right now. Had TB found any touch whatsoever, game would have come down to the wire. Looking like Geno is starting to show some progress in the last 2 games...but we've said this before, like after the UNI win.

We need a pure shooter with some quickness for next season that can give us 10+ ppg, 25+ mpg. If that's the case, we'll be competing with most teams night in and night out. Just might be hard to find. Dyricus is our best long range shooter, but he'll go 4-7 some games and then 1-5 in others.
If we don't get an outside shooter, I don't see a chance BU will stay out of the Thursday game in St. Louis again. This is a conference in which solid perimeter shooters thrive.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball