Evansville at Drake (7:05) - ESPNU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville at Drake (7:05) - ESPNU

Postby davidfast » February 14th, 2012, 10:23 am

The other side was much more full. Announced crowd of about 3400. But I agree it is hard to get people to come watch Drake. I'm sure it being a Sunday night game didn't help either but meh..
davidfast
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 14th, 2012, 10:37 am

Wufan wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:
Wufan wrote:No question that Drake plus VanDeest and Simons is right there... No question that there is an argument for Drake to have top three talent. Truth is that other than SVD, RR, and Simons, there are very few Bulldows that would play on another team in the Valley sans BU. Jeffers and Madison someday, but not this year.

You may change your opinion late Saturday afternoon the 25th of Feb.

My goodness...I'm not trying to say anything negative about your team, but I am asking for some realism here. Very few teams would fair as well as Drake has with so many personnel losses. They will be quite good next year. There is a lot of talent at Drake, and i would venture to say that the 8th -12th best players at Drake are better than most. That doesn't mean they are EASILY top 3 talent. It doesn't mean their coach is horrible and that any bozo could win there. It means that they need their top three and Ullenhopp to be healthy. They need to be a year older.

Kudos to Drake for beating WSU already. The best team won that night. Good luck the rest of the way. I doubt the 25th will change my opinion much on how I would rate Madison, Clarke, and Jeffers regardless of the result.

No negativity taken, I was just having a little fun. I do think however the Bulldogs have been in learning mode with all the injuries and illness. Players seem to be stepping up when placed in a different situation, so seeing the improvement and growth in play can only help. At times good scoring off the bench.
In my years of watching MVC basketball Wichita is the ultimate tough place to win. A win in the roundhouse would raise a lot of optimism.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby lime » February 15th, 2012, 1:15 am

MoBraves wrote:
uniftw wrote:Image

Kinda' funny seeing "Rivalry Week" on the TV screen and about 1,000 fans in attendance.
And since when was Evansville-DU a rivalry?
What does it take to get more people to come out to the Drake games? 20+ wins?
Just a shame - 'cause this Drake team is not terrible and fun to watch on a good day.

Meh, they have a losing conference record and scored fewer than 40 points in the home game preceding this. They could be worse but "average" would still be an improvement.
lime
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball