Bracket Buster to have 114 teams

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bracket Buster to have 114 teams

Postby snoopj » October 5th, 2010, 9:32 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:The last several years, the BracketBuster has turned into "What Team Gets to Play Butler." With Butler not participating anymore, the appeal even wanes more.

I personally don't blame Butler for pulling out this year (if not permanently). They'll probably end up like Gonzaga where they end up with an awesome non-con schedule and won't need to schedule this game for the sake of resume building. Waxing the Horizon League and playing a tough non-con schedule is probably going to be good enough to guarantee a NCAA berth for years to come.
University of Northern Iowa Class of 2000....however, an overall fan of the Missouri Valley Conference.
snoopj
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cu8493 » October 5th, 2010, 1:41 pm

I had hoped the MWC-MVC challenge would do away with our participation in the bracket buster. Each bottom feeder conference and team they add to this, the more it drags all MVC teams down by association.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jlandrus11 » October 7th, 2010, 2:10 pm

The MVC needs to get a conference challenge with the Big 10 or maybe the Horizon League.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby snoopj » October 7th, 2010, 2:54 pm

jlandrus11 wrote:The MVC needs to get a conference challenge with the Big 10 or maybe the Horizon League.

I doubt the MVC would ever get the Big 10 to agree with it, considering they are already on the hook with the ACC in a challenge setup already.

As far as the Horizon, personally, I'd rather see an overall better "mid major" conference like the CAA than the Horizon which is going to have that "Butler and everyone else" feel to it for a while.

Now, going with something like the WCC....that would get my interest a little more too (if Gonzaga would agree to it).
University of Northern Iowa Class of 2000....however, an overall fan of the Missouri Valley Conference.
snoopj
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby 45otseoj » October 7th, 2010, 10:21 pm

jlandrus11 wrote:The MVC needs to get a conference challenge with the Big 10

We (ILSU) would never agree to such a difficult game. :lol:
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby squirrel » October 11th, 2010, 10:04 am

I'm a little concerned about the future MVC-MWC Challenge too. . .

I would much rather BU potentially play someone like Dayton than go on the road and lose at Wyoming.

While Nevada, UNLV and Utah State are decent programs, Valley teams in the bottom half are going to get some duds with BYU and Utah out of the picture.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball