Arch Madness seeding probabilities

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness seeding probabilities

Postby Moose39 » February 22nd, 2012, 12:12 am

Oh, nevermind I get it. The second is with the likelyhood of being seeded with the probablility of winning your games.
Moose39
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MSUDuo » February 22nd, 2012, 7:20 am

Moose39 wrote:Oh, nevermind I get it. The second is with the likelyhood of being seeded with the probablility of winning your games.

My bad. I just saw 2 graphs...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » February 22nd, 2012, 8:36 pm

Looking over things now... I believe 6 teams could finish 9-9 in Valley play. If these games ended right now, plus Evansville defeats MSU, Illinois St beats Bradley, and Indiana State defeats Creighton (along with WSU over DU and UNI over SIU).

No idea what happens next.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby chitown fanatic » February 22nd, 2012, 8:57 pm

Cant wait to see how Hacksaw figures this out now! quarters on friday will be a bloodbath outside of the noon game
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bear4Life » February 22nd, 2012, 9:08 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:Cant wait to see how Hacksaw figures this out now! quarters on friday will be a bloodbath outside of the noon game

This is instanity...I have been doing some math on it and there are several possible outcomes...No way has it ever been like this going into the final day. I believe I heard on the Bears broadcast that this is the first time since 1927 that the standings 3-8 have been this close!
Bear4Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby chitown fanatic » February 22nd, 2012, 9:13 pm

CU has struggled with the trees in the past and the way they dont play D, they are more than ripe to be beaten by trees. I think the team that spoils the party is SIU as I see them winning saturday to send UNI to the abyss. I'd like to see the 4 way round robin totals between ISU red, mo st, drake and evansville who i think have the best chance to finish at 9-9. as much as id like to see a trees upset, I think CU will ultimately still find a way to win to quell any bubble talk should they bow out in the 2-7 game friday night
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Jet915 » February 22nd, 2012, 9:17 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:CU has struggled with the trees in the past and the way they dont play D, they are more than ripe to be beaten by trees. I think the team that spoils the party is SIU as I see them winning saturday to send UNI to the abyss. I'd like to see the 4 way round robin totals between ISU red, mo st, drake and evansville who i think have the best chance to finish at 9-9. as much as id like to see a trees upset, I think CU will ultimately still find a way to win to quell any bubble talk should they bow out in the 2-7 game friday night

I don't see anyway Creighton doesn't make the tourney. At worst, they will be 24-7. It's all about seeding now. Even though we smoked ISUB at home, sans the Butler game, ISUB seems to be playing better and it's gonna be their senior day so I can see someone like Printy smoking us from the perimeter.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 22nd, 2012, 9:20 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:CU has struggled with the trees in the past

We have? I remember beating them pretty soundly in the first game.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » February 22nd, 2012, 9:30 pm

Final update has been posted - thanks to Hacksaw:

link: wp/2012/02/22/final-arch-madness-seeding-probabilities/
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Ali » February 23rd, 2012, 8:29 am

I'm not even sure who to root for because I don't know who I want to play. Maybe our best deal would be to finish 8th and play SIU so maybe we could win a game.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball