WSU vs MSU (Wed, Feb 15)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

WSU vs MSU (Wed, Feb 15)

Postby shockem » February 14th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Game is Wednesday. I can't believe there isn't a post for it yet. Patterson is back in the lineup so we'll face a different team than the one we saw in the Ozarks. I'm sure they will go at Stutz early and often with the goal of geting him in early foul trouble - which is a good game plan, by the way. At that point, you have to hope for cold shooting by the others and you might be able to pull it off.

Weems will be up for this one. I'll be glad when he' finally gone.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

WSU vs MSU (Wed, Feb 15)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU vs MSU

Postby shocktheheart » February 14th, 2012, 1:52 pm

Patterson back for MSU, so it will be interesting to see what Stutz can do this time.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 14th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Should be a good one. Lots of good matchups. If the Bears are smart they'll go right at Stutz (with Patterson) too. At the very least Patterson's outside range should be able to pull Stutz away from the basket.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 14th, 2012, 3:01 pm

glm38 wrote:Should be a good one. Lots of good matchups. If the Bears are smart they'll go right at Stutz (with Patterson) too. At the very least Patterson's outside range should be able to pull Stutz away from the basket.

Stutz doesn't do well in my opinion away from the basket on defense, but neither does Carl Hall. If Patterson has a quick first step away from the basket, Stutz will be in trouble.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cpacmel » February 14th, 2012, 3:10 pm

I thought I read somewhere that this game was close to selling out. Does anyone know for sure?
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » February 14th, 2012, 3:18 pm

cpacmel wrote:I thought I read somewhere that this game was close to selling out. Does anyone know for sure?

All of WSU games are a sell out or close to. Arena holds 10,600 and WSU has had over 10,000 fans for every game a couple years in a row now.
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 14th, 2012, 3:20 pm

cpacmel wrote:I thought I read somewhere that this game was close to selling out. Does anyone know for sure?

Just checked WSU's website and you can still buy tickets, I put in for two and the best available are the top row.
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cpacmel » February 14th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Sorry, my bad. I honestly thought the game was in Springfield. Sorry for the confusion.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » February 14th, 2012, 3:43 pm

The Eagle reported less than 275 seats remained, and my sources tell me that number is now under 150. The question will be if the students that picked up tickets a month ago will show up or leave their seat empty.

I hope Patterson goes right at Garrett. Garrett needs to be challenged. However, the strength of this WSU is the many weapons they have, and that they don't have to rely on any 1 bullet. If WSU plays solid D and returns to their rebounding ways, they should be in good shape. The problem with Missouri State is that Weems can take over a game. Fortunately, he has been softer this year than he was last year.

Unfortunately, I suspect this Wednesday's game has been circled in his mind all season. I expect a huge game from him, and thus expect WSU to be fortunate to escape with a win.

A convincing win could be a prelude to the Shocks being primed to compete with most any team in the post season. They are showing a lot of strengths right now, and not too many weaknesses.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » February 14th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Shox open as a 12 point favorite. Seems like a lot of points to me.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... me/2000#BT
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball