WSU vs MSU (Wed, Feb 15)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU vs MSU

Postby kochhead22 » February 14th, 2012, 4:17 pm

I dont think i'd be able to place my bet at WSU -12, i see this game being closer especially with patterson back. I'm a little nervous for this game and i expect WSU to win this by just a couple of points.
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » February 14th, 2012, 4:20 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
glm38 wrote:Should be a good one. Lots of good matchups. If the Bears are smart they'll go right at Stutz (with Patterson) too. At the very least Patterson's outside range should be able to pull Stutz away from the basket.

Stutz doesn't do well in my opinion away from the basket on defense, but neither does Carl Hall. If Patterson has a quick first step away from the basket, Stutz will be in trouble.

Patterson doesn't have a quick first step at all. What he has is a beautiful jumper with range out past the 3 point line, a deadly turnaround in the post, and a pretty reliable jump hook. He's got very good skills offensively but I'm not sure I've ever seen him drive past anyone? Patterson is a pretty soft player at times but he's shown a lot more grit at times this year. He's had several big games against some pretty good post players in the last couple of years.

In my opinion we'll need a big game from Weems to keep it close and have a shot at winning. But Kyle has proven he's a big game performer many times in the past 4 years.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 14th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Missouri State is one of the few teams in the Valley that has stronger guards/wings than the Shockers. Gulley, Downing and Pickens are all big dudes that can take away one of the advantages WSU usually carries. I'm excited to see the Stutz (Hall)/Patterson and Smith (Hall)/Weems match-ups. Patterson has a great touch, but shooting over another 7 footer might cause some problems (we'll see).
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » February 14th, 2012, 4:22 pm

The Bears need to hope Wichita doesn't have another incredible shooting day. I don't see them as a team that can compete with the Shox in that type of shootout, because honestly, no one in the Valley can IMO. The Bears will have to limit Stutz's ability inside while also keeping it tight on the perimeter. Bears have what it takes, but the biggest challenge isn't executing, it's hoping that Wichita is a bit off.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 14th, 2012, 4:28 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:The Bears need to hope Wichita doesn't have another incredible shooting day. I don't see them as a team that can compete with the Shox in that type of shootout, because honestly, no one in the Valley can IMO. The Bears will have to limit Stutz's ability inside while also keeping it tight on the perimeter. Bears have what it takes, but the biggest challenge isn't executing, it's hoping that Wichita is a bit off.

Why? How does that help UNI with MSU winning?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 14th, 2012, 4:29 pm

If MSU has to double Stutz or Hall it could be a long night for MSU. The way WSU is shooting the three right now, I think I would take my chances at single coverage. Koch is going to be loud tomorrow night at the shot of winning a Valley title.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » February 14th, 2012, 6:33 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:The Bears need to hope Wichita doesn't have another incredible shooting day. I don't see them as a team that can compete with the Shox in that type of shootout, because honestly, no one in the Valley can IMO. The Bears will have to limit Stutz's ability inside while also keeping it tight on the perimeter. Bears have what it takes, but the biggest challenge isn't executing, it's hoping that Wichita is a bit off.

Why? How does that help UNI with MSU winning?

I don't follow? I did not mention UNI and frankly I didn't mean to seem like I was giving my allegiance to Missouri State. I was simply offering my opinion on what the Bears need to do to win since they are the underdogs and I think it's clear to everyone what the Shox have to do to win: just continue to shoot well, get Stutz the ball and don't give up ground inside. It's no secret.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » February 15th, 2012, 9:01 am

Lets go Bears! Hope Patterson drops some bombs on Stutz early and often.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: WSU vs MSU (Wed, Feb 15)

Postby shocktheheart » February 15th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Game is a sellout.
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: WSU vs MSU (Wed, Feb 15)

Postby Aargh » February 15th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Shox win the first 15 minutes by 10 points. Bears win the next 5 minutes by 8 points.

Stutz with 12 points, but he's 3/3 from 3 for 9 of those points. Patterson has 9. Bears are hitting shots and the Shox are a bit lethargic on D. MSU getting more shots than the Shox and the Bears are hitting some tough and some not so tough shots.

Weems is 1/7 for 2 points.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball