Claim Your Crow

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Claim Your Crow

Postby Jays26 » February 16th, 2012, 10:15 am

For God Sake!!!....this is a message board...people say stupid/crazy/out there stuff all the time.

Anyone could start a "claim your crow" thread and this board would be full of threads like this. :Bam:

I was really starting to respect the Shox fans...they seemed to be coming around and then you go on here and start a thread like this and set everyone of them back.

So tell me...if the Shoxs don't win in St. Lou and fail to win a couple games in the dance are you going to "save" all the quotes that folks will be making that they failed again??????

Oh yeah...btw..good luck next year!

PS..don't forget to cut and paste that last quote.
Last edited by Jays26 on February 16th, 2012, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » February 16th, 2012, 10:16 am

I still have tons of leftover crow for many Valleytalk posters after UNI's tournament run a couple of years ago when the site convienently went down. In the end, what goes around comes around.

Congrats to the Shox on a great year. If they play like they are capable the sky is the limit this March.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aargh » February 16th, 2012, 10:51 am

You can count me as one Shocker fan who fears that crow will grow feathers and fly away next year.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » February 16th, 2012, 11:12 am

Jays26 wrote:So tell me...if the Shoxs don't win in St. Lou and fail to win a couple games in the dance are you going to "save" all the quotes that folks will be making that they failed again??????

I'm not sure if that will necessarily be a failure, but no, because that would be their opinion on what happened.

I do think there's a difference between making predictions and posting idiotic things about a program. If you want to do the latter, I think you should be held accountable. I trashed InSU last year and said they would be a guaranteed Thursday night team. I deserved to eat crow on that one.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » February 16th, 2012, 11:23 am

Is this for real? Sad.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » February 16th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Aargh wrote:You can count me as one Shocker fan who fears that crow will grow feathers and fly away next year.

enjoy the ride, don't worry about tomorrow. You don't have any control over it anyway.

There was some much consternation after Turgeon and WSU did just fine. The key, don't do what other MVC teams do - go the cheap route, you got to hire the best man for the program even if it means coughing up $$. The abyss becons those who do go the cheap route.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » February 16th, 2012, 12:45 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:The real question about Marshall is whether he is going to leave for the South Carolina job.

Weren't you one of the people spreading the talk that Coach Marshall can't interview even though he's been all over the country trying? I could be wrong.

It's not worth anything, but I don't think Coach is interested in rebuilding the USC program.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 16th, 2012, 1:20 pm

In reading some of the posts above, a few words come to mind - hypocritical, condescension, false piety.

When Coach Marshall and the Shockers were being odiously trashed, I do not recall that any of the poster saints rushed in to defend Coach Marshall and the Shockers. Instead they remained mute, which indicated their concurrence with the trashing.

So the sinners are given a light prick and what happens? More sanctimonious outrage from the saints.

Ain't message boards wonderful?
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby wushockalocka » February 16th, 2012, 1:36 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:In reading some of the posts above, a few words come to mind - hypocritical, condescension, false piety.

When Coach Marshall and the Shockers were being odiously trashed, I do not recall that any of the poster saints rushed in to defend Coach Marshall and the Shockers. Instead they remained mute, which indicated their concurrence with the trashing.

So the sinners are given a light prick and what happens? More sanctimonious outrage from the saints.

This :+1:
wushockalocka
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby ictjay » February 16th, 2012, 1:55 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:In reading some of the posts above, a few words come to mind - hypocritical, condescension, false piety.

Dang Ricky, I promise you that everyone who doesn't give WSU props, hates them.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball