Claim Your Crow

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Claim Your Crow

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 16th, 2012, 2:04 pm

2livewu wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:The real question about Marshall is whether he is going to leave for the South Carolina job.

Weren't you one of the people spreading the talk that Coach Marshall can't interview even though he's been all over the country trying? I could be wrong.

It's not worth anything, but I don't think Coach is interested in rebuilding the USC program.

I said he didn't get certain jobs because of ego issues, but I've been pretty consistent in stating that I think the SC job is one that I think he could get.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » February 16th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Aargh wrote:You can count me as one Shocker fan who fears that crow will grow feathers and fly away next year.

enjoy the ride, don't worry about tomorrow. You don't have any control over it anyway.

There was some much consternation after Turgeon and WSU did just fine. The key, don't do what other MVC teams do - go the cheap route, you got to hire the best man for the program even if it means coughing up $$. The abyss becons those who do go the cheap route.

It's a swing and a miss.

I meant that the "crow" that a few fans are being asked to eat now could be alive and flying around next year. I didn't meant to say I thught Marshall was the crow. The crow is WSU's W/L record compared to some dire pre-season predictions by a few fans.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » February 16th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Aargh wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
Aargh wrote:You can count me as one Shocker fan who fears that crow will grow feathers and fly away next year.

enjoy the ride, don't worry about tomorrow. You don't have any control over it anyway.

There was some much consternation after Turgeon and WSU did just fine. The key, don't do what other MVC teams do - go the cheap route, you got to hire the best man for the program even if it means coughing up $$. The abyss becons those who do go the cheap route.

It's a swing and a miss.

I meant that the "crow" that a few fans are being asked to eat now could be alive and flying around next year. I didn't meant to say I thught Marshall was the crow. The crow is WSU's W/L record compared to some dire pre-season predictions by a few fans.

The only thing that has surprised me about WSU is losing to Temple and Drake.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 16th, 2012, 4:32 pm

ictjay wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:In reading some of the posts above, a few words come to mind - hypocritical, condescension, false piety.

When Coach Marshall and the Shockers were being odiously trashed, I do not recall that any of the poster saints rushed in to defend Coach Marshall and the Shockers. Instead they remained mute, which indicated their concurrence with the trashing.

So the sinners are given a light prick and what happens? More sanctimonious outrage from the saints.

Ain't message boards wonderful?

Dang Ricky, I promise you that everyone who doesn't give WSU props, hates them.

I am pretty sure that the Blue Birds are held in the same high regard.

Ain't message boards wonderful?
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » February 16th, 2012, 6:45 pm

I'm amazed, but pleased, that none of the pulled quotes are mine. :dance: Dance Party in Evansville :dance:
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Wufan » February 16th, 2012, 7:50 pm

There are plenty of things I COULD eat crow on, but I am selective about when I open my mouth.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 16th, 2012, 8:27 pm

Gracious sakes alive! Wow. What is it about Sedgwick county that just makes the natives so insecure? Just when I was tolerating them too. Good thing the team there is comfortable in their own skin more than the fans seem to be.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » February 16th, 2012, 8:41 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Gracious sakes alive! Wow. What is it about Sedgwick county that just makes the natives so insecure? Just when I was tolerating them too. Good thing the team there is comfortable in their own skin more than the fans seem to be.

Casey, it wasn't until I watched the Lady Bears blow out the Lady Shox that I realized the source of your name out here. With a player like Weems - even Creekmore - on your men's team, why did you pick your name from the women's team?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 16th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Aargh wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Gracious sakes alive! Wow. What is it about Sedgwick county that just makes the natives so insecure? Just when I was tolerating them too. Good thing the team there is comfortable in their own skin more than the fans seem to be.

Casey, it wasn't until I watched the Lady Bears blow out the Lady Shox that I realized the source of your name out here. With a player like Weems - even Creekmore - on your men's team, why did you pick your name from the women's team?

That is a great question. At my core I am a huge women's hoops fan. The women's game is so much purer both in terms of actual play and the lack of all that AAU dirty recruiting crap. Also MSU has great tradition in the sport with Melody Howard, Jackie Stiles and so on. My name was created mostly to pay homage to all of that.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » February 16th, 2012, 9:04 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Aargh wrote:

That is a great question. At my core I am a huge women's hoops fan. The women's game is so much purer both in terms of actual play and the lack of all that AAU dirty recruiting crap. Also MSU has great tradition in the sport with Melody Howard, Jackie Stiles and so on. My name was created mostly to pay homage to all of that.

MSU usually has some decent volleyball teams. Check them out. I specifically recommend Carly Thomas.

Why is it that the volleyball players are always hotter than the basketball players?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball