Long Beach State vs. Creighton 9pm ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Long Beach State vs. Creighton 9pm ESPN2

Postby ictjay » February 20th, 2012, 2:07 pm

3ontheway wrote:the booker woodfox wound has not healed yet, may not ever heal.

:+1:

I guess not. That was funny.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WooHoo » February 20th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Looked at both message boards. Creighton fans were hoping for WSU to lose to Davidson and WSU fans (and other fans) are making fun of Creighton storming the court against a Big West school.

It's not just one fanbase. It's both.
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby ictjay » February 20th, 2012, 2:14 pm

WooHoo wrote:Looked at both message boards. Creighton fans were hoping for WSU to lose to Davidson and WSU fans (and other fans) are making fun of Creighton storming the court against a Big West school.

It's not just one fanbase. It's both.

Great research WooHoo!
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby blueblood » February 20th, 2012, 2:17 pm

Why would any MVC fan want WSU to lose to Davidson? Where did you see CU fans wanting WSU to lose to Davidson? Link?
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 3ontheway » February 20th, 2012, 2:21 pm

i don't buy that most cu fans were rooting for wsu to lose, what good could come out of that valley wise? i was happy to see them roll davidson and i think most cu fans per the message board were as well. i don't read the shocker board, but i would imagine most were rooting for cu to lose, again the wounds from the last decade are deep with altman teams winning close to 20 games in a row at one point, and then the book end booker woodfox job from a few years back. the animosity is not very difficult to comprehend.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WooHoo » February 20th, 2012, 2:25 pm

blueblood wrote:Why would any MVC fan want WSU to lose to Davidson? Where did you see CU fans wanting WSU to lose to Davidson? Link?

http://bluejayunderground.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=855&sid=88434d8da9ca662166d1f886a7db522d&start=20

It continues on to Page 4.

Maybe some WSU fans caught a hold of a few of those remarks and returned the favor.
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby TheShock » February 20th, 2012, 2:30 pm

We’re talking friggin’ message board junkies… not much of a sample of either fan base. The WSU fans I was with (14 of us) were screaming and hollering for Creighton to win the game. We all understood it was good for our league and you would have thought WSU was playing. I’ve never understood the petty ignorance and jealousies of some fans.

:huh:
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ictjay » February 20th, 2012, 2:43 pm

TheShock wrote:We’re talking friggin’ message board junkies… not much of a sample of either fan base. The WSU fans I was with (14 of us) were screaming and hollering for Creighton to win the game. We all understood it was good for our league and you would have thought WSU was playing. I’ve never understood the petty ignorance and jealousies of some fans.

Agreed! I have a couple of buddies who post on SN and they know I read it. I think they just look to get a rise out of me. PS I started to see a glimmer of hope with Fevers attitude toward CU. I think thats gone now :lol:
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TrueBlueJay » February 20th, 2012, 2:44 pm

TheShock wrote:We’re talking friggin’ message board junkies… not much of a sample of either fan base. The WSU fans I was with (14 of us) were screaming and hollering for Creighton to win the game. We all understood it was good for our league and you would have thought WSU was playing. I’ve never understood the petty ignorance and jealousies of some fans.

:+1:

I would say 90% of the fans wanted WSU to win and understood that it is good for the Valley...the same person who said they were rooting against WSU also Tweeted at Bardo after the CU game to F Off....so please just consider the source and that some fans can be real douchebags.
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 20th, 2012, 2:45 pm

If you get offended about comments made about your school when viewing another school's message board, you are probably too insecure to be reading other schools' message boards in the first place.

There are certain fanbases that wreak of insecurity. To pick them out at a quick glance, look for threads populated with quotes from other schools' message boards, followed by ranting and raving about how someone could say such a thing about their beloved school. It is comical that it happens on the same boards over and over and over again.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball