Long Beach State vs. Creighton 9pm ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Long Beach State vs. Creighton 9pm ESPN2

Postby WooHoo » February 20th, 2012, 2:56 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:If you get offended about comments made about your school when viewing another school's message board, you are probably too insecure to be reading other schools' message boards in the first place.

There are certain fanbases that wreak of insecurity. To pick them out at a quick glance, look for threads populated with quotes from other schools' message boards, followed by ranting and raving about how someone could say such a thing about their beloved school. It is comical that it happens on the same boards over and over and over again.

Seeing that you're a Creighton fan, I'm hoping when you say "certain fanbases" this includes yours. As such, it was a Creighton fan that was whining about posts on Shocker Net that derailed this entire topic to what it has now become.
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 20th, 2012, 3:02 pm

WooHoo wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:If you get offended about comments made about your school when viewing another school's message board, you are probably too insecure to be reading other schools' message boards in the first place.

There are certain fanbases that wreak of insecurity. To pick them out at a quick glance, look for threads populated with quotes from other schools' message boards, followed by ranting and raving about how someone could say such a thing about their beloved school. It is comical that it happens on the same boards over and over and over again.

Seeing that you're a Creighton fan, I'm hoping when you say "certain fanbases" this includes yours. As such, it was a Creighton fan that was whining about posts on Shocker Net that derailed this entire topic to what it has now become.

Nice to see that you've got a new screen name WSUbballer.

Another way to isolate the certain fans discussed in my post above is to see which ones were the first to quote and reply to that post with a "not me" sort of post. :Yea!: :D :D

Sometimes it is too easy to prove ones point.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WooHoo » February 20th, 2012, 3:08 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
WooHoo wrote:

Nice to see that you've got a new screen name WSUbballer.

Another way to isolate the certain fans discussed in my post above is to see which ones were the first to quote and reply to that post with a "not me" sorta post. :Yea!: :D :D

Sometimes it is too easy to prove ones point.

Are you baiting people on here? Is that why, from what I read, that people were giving you such a hard time in this thread because you made fun of Northern Iowa fans for the court storming? I've lurked here long enough to know the WSUbballer person you have referenced, but I can assure you that I am not him. Is that how new posters get treated here? They are assumed to be somebody else? You have too much time on your hands.
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 20th, 2012, 3:11 pm

WooHoo wrote: I've lurked here long enough to know the WSUbballer person you have referenced, but I can assure you that I am not him. Is that how new posters get treated here? They are assumed to be somebody else?

Only if their posting style is so transparent that it can be spotted from a mile away!

LMAO!
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby blueblood » February 20th, 2012, 3:12 pm

I looked at the thread you sent. There was one post and one guy kind of agreeing in a 10 page thread. After that there was post after post wanting WSU to win. In case Richard is reading, I am not starting a fight. I just did not see or read many CU fans at all wanting WSU to lose to Davidson. It would be ignorant to do in regards to CU's NCAA tourney chances. The facts do not agree with the claim.
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 20th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Who cares?

I've viewed other boards and have seen people say horrible things about CU all the time. So what? I just laugh it off.

As I said, if it gets one that upset, that person should refrain from visiting opposing message boards.

Do people really go to opposing message boards expecting to see page after page of complements about their own programs?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WooHoo » February 20th, 2012, 3:16 pm

blueblood wrote:I looked at the thread you sent. There was one post and one guy kind of agreeing in a 10 page thread. After that there was post after post wanting WSU to win. In case Richard is reading, I am not starting a fight. I just did not see or read many CU fans at all wanting WSU to lose to Davidson. It would be ignorant to do in regards to CU's NCAA tourney chances. The facts do not agree with the claim.

I agree. That's why I said both fanbases were at fault for some wanting both teams to lose. Any fan wanting a conference foe to get rolled in a non-league game is just being petty and as you said ignorant. It would hurt WSU's image if Creighton lost and vice versa.
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » February 20th, 2012, 5:43 pm

I 100% agree with the first paragraph.

Second paragraph...It's certain fans, not fanbases. We all get on here and read what's written and sometimes incorrectly attribute certain things as being associated with the thoughts of an entire fanbase. If everyone would relax and just realized that there are certain posters that are rude/ignorant/over zealous/etc., then I think there would be much less "fanbase" hating.

One common denominator that goes beyond this message board is that almost EVERY fan that has had the opportunity to hang out with their rivals fans has had very good experiences. We all share common interests and common "issues" with our programs. It's far too easy to post and run with the little quips. I for one am really guilty of just that early in this thread.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 20th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Wufan wrote:

I 100% agree with the first paragraph.

Second paragraph...It's certain fans, not fanbases. We all get on here and read what's written and sometimes incorrectly attribute certain things as being associated with the thoughts of an entire fanbase. If everyone would relax and just realized that there are certain posters that are rude/ignorant/over zealous/etc., then I think there would be much less "fanbase" hating.

One common denominator that goes beyond this message board is that almost EVERY fan that has had the opportunity to hang out with their rivals fans has had very good experiences. We all share common interests and common "issues" with our programs. It's far too easy to post and run with the little quips. I for one am really guilty of just that early in this thread.

:+1:
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball