Trees at Bears, Wednesday 2/22/12

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Trees at Bears, Wednesday 2/22/12

Postby MVCfans » February 22nd, 2012, 8:12 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:I hadn't heard anything about it being on ESPN3 all week so it is most likely just a screw up on the bottom line. MVCFans...you really got my hopes up. :cry:

Damn. It's still listed on ESPN.com as being on the tres. When you click through, however, nothing. My bad.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MSUDuo » February 22nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

Completely embarrassed by the effort from Lusk and the Bears this year. It's one thing to be beat by the better team that night each time you lose. It's another when you don't even both to show up and you've checked out with 3 games to go...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Jet915 » February 22nd, 2012, 8:51 pm

Suprising result, considering how well MSU matches up against Creighton, I'd rather see someone else as the #3 seed.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 22nd, 2012, 8:52 pm

Didn't expect this result.

Congrats Trees.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » February 22nd, 2012, 9:06 pm

shocking win by ISU, I had honestly thought we had waved the white flag on our season, but a different team showed up in Springfield and pulled out a huge road win. I was sure we'd get blown out tonight.

Still a chance to avoid Thursday but odds are slim with a nationally televised game with Creighton looming this Saturday.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sycamorestateofmind » February 22nd, 2012, 10:01 pm

isumvc1 wrote:shocking win by ISU, I had honestly thought we had waved the white flag on our season, but a different team showed up in Springfield and pulled out a huge road win. I was sure we'd get blown out tonight.

Still a chance to avoid Thursday but odds are slim with a nationally televised game with Creighton looming this Saturday.

Yeah well you have thought that all season as you continue to open mouth insert foot when talking down about you're "own team". Be down all you want - you have had valid reason, but I am sure the board here enjoys your realistic attitude toward the Sycamores. But feel free to continue to dismiss your own team and look foolish in doing so. I'm not saying anything about how the Sycamores will finish this season but your representation of us is sad.

I am sure you had Bears fans convinced they had NOTHING to worry about. How does it feel to be wrong about your own team? No faith! Biggest defeat Bears have had in JQH.

Almost like when you thought WSU at home should have been a 20-25 Favorite vs. "your team".

Or

When you said a loss vs. Bradley was for sure a Thursday game in St. Louis "all you need to know about this game".

You should really evaluate your understanding of the game.
sycamorestateofmind
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby glm38 » February 22nd, 2012, 10:22 pm

I agree with Duo. This was a totally embarrassing effort by the Bears. Our offense just flat sucks. No flow, no consistency. We just seem to pass the ball around on the perimeter and then eventually shoot a 3 or some off balance junk.

Not sure how well we'll compete in StL unless some things really change.

Don't mean to take anything away from Ind State. They played pretty well and were the better team.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby troutangler » February 23rd, 2012, 11:05 am

Any Bears fans want to retract statements they made about this team before the season?

"Patterson and Weems might get drafted"

"Copeland is one of our best players"

"We don't have that many questions going into the year"

Of course people on Bear Nation are saying things that got people (me) banned before the season started. Not to mention the stuff being said is directly against the rules that the "new" moderator posted when he took over that board.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby beatingrillz » February 23rd, 2012, 11:48 am

troutangler wrote:Any Bears fans want to retract statements they made about this team before the season?

Of course people on Bear Nation are saying things that got people (me) banned before the season started. Not to mention the stuff being said is directly against the rules that the "new" moderator posted when he took over that board.

You were banned isn't it time you move on?
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » February 23rd, 2012, 12:31 pm

troutangler wrote:Any Bears fans want to retract statements they made about this team before the season?

I was off on Kyle Weems. Big time. I chuckled about all of the Dougie Fresh hype in the summer and thought that Kyle would be the undisputed top player in the Valley. Now we are at the point where he is a liability. He does not come to play every game, he does not help us. He may be a good kid in the community but I am so excited to see what we can be without him. His legacy was tarnished this year, I really wish that he would have left and gone to K-State since they were interested. Would have been addition by subtraction for us and would have given K-State the missing ingredient for a Final Four run.

I thought Patterson would be an NBAer because of his size. You just can't teach that. But I suspect he will make a nice living playing in Greece or Russia.

I picked us either second or third in the preseason but I really thought that we would win the Valley in the end. I thought Lusk would be a big upgrade over Cuonzo. But I don't think I was the only one. When you are the defending champ you should have high expectations. We have the facitlities and backing to be at the top of the Valley every year. If we aren't at a minimum top three every year then heads will roll eventually. This year really has me questioning Lusk now. Such an obvious great hire and so little results so far.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball