Best game of the year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Best game of the year?

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 22nd, 2012, 8:49 am

I think the New Year's Eve game between Creighton and WSU at Wichita has to be on the list.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » February 22nd, 2012, 9:04 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I think the New Year's Eve game between Creighton and WSU at Wichita has to be on the list.

Then I think you need to put the WSU at Creighton game on that list as well. Totally dismantled them and shot lights out.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 22nd, 2012, 9:11 am

shocktheheart wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:I think the New Year's Eve game between Creighton and WSU at Wichita has to be on the list.

Then I think you need to put the WSU at Creighton game on that list as well. Totally dismantled them and shot lights out.

To a Shock fan, sure.

I think the criterion however, is entertaining, close game start to finish.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 22nd, 2012, 9:12 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:

To a Shock fan, sure.

How is it entertaining when one of the teams shoots below 20% for a half as WSU did on New Years Eve? Sounds like the same type of game as the one in Omaha to me.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 22nd, 2012, 9:17 am

shocktheheart wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:To a Shock fan, sure.

How is it entertaining when one of the teams shoots below 20% for a half as WSU did on New Years Eve? Sounds like the same type of game as the one in Omaha to me.

Check out the final score of both games. One was close, one was not. It really is that simple. On top of that, there were lead changes, etc. To most people, a good game means one where the decision is in doubt until the very end.

Didn't WSU shoot pretty bad from three against Drake? Yet, there is no way to argue that that game doesn't belong on the list.

Stop being such a homer and defining "good games" by how well the Shox play.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 22nd, 2012, 9:20 am

I think the criterion however, is entertaining, close game start to finish.[/quote]

How is it entertaining when one of the teams shoots below 20% for a half as WSU did on New Years Eve? Sounds like the same type of game as the one in Omaha to me.[/quote][/quote]

Check out the final score of both games. One was close, one was not. It really is that simple. On top of that, there were lead changes, etc. To most people, a good game means one where the decision is in doubt until the very end.

Didn't WSU shoot pretty bad from three against Drake? Yet, there is no way to argue that that game doesn't belong on the list.

Stop being such a homer and defining "good games" by how well the Shox play.[/quote]

Agree to disagree as I believe you are doing the same thing.
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball