Shox @ Redbirds - 2/22

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Shox @ Redbirds - 2/22

Postby ictjay » February 23rd, 2012, 9:59 am

Aargh wrote:I have noticed the conspicuous lack of Shox fans boasting, taunting, "rubbing it in" or otherwise being poor winners.

That's quite a change from recent history when a team clinches a title in the regular season or wins in St. Louis.

I think the civility on this board has been good especially from winning/league leading teams. Its only the teams which lose that it gets ugly. Well done SHox! I didn't expect anyone to come on here to rub it in. Shox raised there level of play from what was expected. Kudo's :Yea!:
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » February 23rd, 2012, 10:02 am

I will agree with all three of the above posts:

Ali...1 poster made one comment.

Aargh is correct that there isn't a ton of over the top boasting going on

shocherengr nailed it that of the 8 teams that have posted here this season, 6 of them are trying to figure out who the heck they want to win (poor MSU has to root for the Shockers), and WSU won it in a ho-hum fashion.

Good luck to the 6 teams that are playing for seeding! I honestly feel that there are 8 teams that could win it all in St. Louis. There is no "easy draw" this year.

Edit: Posted a little late...but I also agree with havoc and ICTJay
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » February 23rd, 2012, 11:49 am

Apparently I am wrong and will admit just that and my apologies to MVCFans for his coverage I missed.

Again, best of luck to all in St. Louis.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 am

Well played game last night. I thought we made a couple of nice runs to get within striking distance but the Shox were just too good.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » February 23rd, 2012, 12:34 pm

2livewu wrote:Would you like to know why SOME (really just a few but still they are visible) WSU fans are asses? The Shocks just clinched the league title, without a single congratulations.

I would speculate the board admin would have fallen all over his feet starting a thread and replying over and over if say Creighton, Evansville or UNI had won.

I also realize it would be a chicken v egg argument.

But here, we get instead 50+ posts on how to break a 6 way tie.....in purely perfect Valley of even form.

Congrats to these guys, especially the seniors. That's a really quality, classy group of kids that have worked hard to get to this point. It would have been really sad to see them leave without a championship. Toure', Garrett and David, especially, deserve this.

Good luck to everyone in St. Louis.

Holy crap, I can't believe you just posted that.

How about the fact that WSU clinched the title over a week ago, and there were already a bunch of "congratulatory" posts? And I'm sure you were one of the first posters to come on here and send your congrats to other teams when they clinched titles in recent years. :roll: Give me a break.

I can't believe you came on here and whined about this, LOL. I'm embarrassed for you.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheShock » February 23rd, 2012, 12:39 pm

valleychamp wrote:
2livewu wrote:Would you like to know why SOME (really just a few but still they are visible) WSU fans are asses? The Shocks just clinched the league title, without a single congratulations.

I would speculate the board admin would have fallen all over his feet starting a thread and replying over and over if say Creighton, Evansville or UNI had won.

I also realize it would be a chicken v egg argument.

But here, we get instead 50+ posts on how to break a 6 way tie.....in purely perfect Valley of even form.

Congrats to these guys, especially the seniors. That's a really quality, classy group of kids that have worked hard to get to this point. It would have been really sad to see them leave without a championship. Toure', Garrett and David, especially, deserve this.

Good luck to everyone in St. Louis.

Holy crap, I can't believe you just posted that.

How about the fact that WSU clinched the title over a week ago, and there were already a bunch of "congratulatory" posts? And I'm sure you were one of the first posters to come on here and send your congrats to other teams when they clinched titles in recent years. :roll: Give me a break.

I can't believe you came on here and whined about this, LOL. I'm embarrassed for you.

Give him a break... he did have the 'nads' to at least come back with his tail between his legs and apologize to MVCfans.

:Cheers:
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball