Standings after 17 games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings after 17 games

Postby Hacksaw » February 22nd, 2012, 9:27 pm

My understanding, confirmed by Mike Kern at MVC, is that the mini round-robin can be repeated if ties still remain.
Hacksaw
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » February 22nd, 2012, 9:29 pm

Hacksaw wrote:My understanding, confirmed by Mike Kern at MVC, is that the mini round-robin can be repeated if ties still remain.

Thank you for confirming that.

Hacksaw for MVP :Cheers:
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby MVCfans » February 22nd, 2012, 9:32 pm

pafan wrote:
Hacksaw wrote:My understanding, confirmed by Mike Kern at MVC, is that the mini round-robin can be repeated if ties still remain.

Thank you for confirming that.

Hacksaw for MVP :Cheers:

Agreed - I changed his title as you will see and it is well deserved.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 22nd, 2012, 9:38 pm

If the CU v. ISU-B game is being played in Terra Haute, then I would not be too quick to pencil in CU as the winner. The Trees are playing better, me thinketh.

In CU's last 6 games, they are 3-3. They easily could be 1-5 over that stretch of games.

One win was over SIU plus a 2 point win at home over Long Beach State and a 1 point win at home over the Purple Aces.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » February 22nd, 2012, 9:41 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:If the CU v. ISU-B game is being played in Terra Haute, then I would not be too quick to pencil in CU as the winner. The Trees are playing better, me thinketh.

In CU's last 6 games, they are 3-3. They easily could be 1-5 over that stretch of games.

One win was over SIU plus a 2 point win at home over Long Beach State and a 1 point win at home over the Purple Aces.

Indiana State has everything to play for and would be the 3 seed if there is a six way tie at 9-9.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » February 22nd, 2012, 9:48 pm

MVCfans wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:If the CU v. ISU-B game is being played in Terra Haute, then I would not be too quick to pencil in CU as the winner. The Trees are playing better, me thinketh.

Indiana State has everything to play for and would be the 3 seed if there is a six way tie at 9-9.

CU has everything to play for as well. If they lose to Indiana St. and then make an early exit in St. Louis, I think they could be at risk. Even still, they are fighting for the best seeding they can get.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isumvc1 » February 22nd, 2012, 9:49 pm

as dreadful as our MVC season has been it would be nothing short of a miracle if we beat CU Saturday and finish in 3rd place as predicted by the MVC pre-season pollsters
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » February 22nd, 2012, 9:50 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
MVCfans wrote:

CU has everything to play for as well. If they lose to Indiana St. and then make an early exit in St. Louis, I think they could be at risk. Even still, they are fighting for the best seeding they can get.

Lunardi said Creighton could have lost to Evansville, Indiana State, and the 1st round of the MVC and still gotten an at large.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » February 22nd, 2012, 9:52 pm

too bad for CU that Lunardi doesn't make the selections. (It's not like the valley hasn't been screwed before)
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » February 22nd, 2012, 9:54 pm

Congrats Shockers
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball