Cost of NCAA Tournament tickets

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby iSASO » February 22nd, 2012, 11:07 pm

What is the typical price of an all-session pass for the 2nd and 3rd round of the NCAA Tournament?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Cost of NCAA Tournament tickets

Postby TrueBlueJay » February 23rd, 2012, 7:54 am

Lower bowl tickets at the Clink were $270 each - $90 per session.

If WSU comes up to Omaha I may have 2 for sale, 10 rowish, lower bowl, end zone (not for $270 each though).
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 3ontheway » February 23rd, 2012, 8:08 am

save your money for the final four usaso.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 23rd, 2012, 9:01 am

I've got some available at a very special price for you, ISASO.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LMS » February 23rd, 2012, 9:12 am

If you're buying NCAA tournament tickets for Onaha, I'd avoid the $240 tickets which were available and are the nosebleeds. Pop for the better seats and expect to pay a couple hundred bucks over face value for good seats.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 2livewu » February 23rd, 2012, 11:45 am

Appreciate the love from Creighton fans. I doubt you'd face the same bloodsucking reaction if the roles were reversed (certainly not in my case) but whatever.

ISASO and I will likely be in the invited guest section anyway. But thanks for thinking of us.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » February 23rd, 2012, 12:41 pm

2livewu wrote:Appreciate the love from Creighton fans. I doubt you'd face the same bloodsucking reaction if the roles were reversed (certainly not in my case) but whatever.

ISASO and I will likely be in the invited guest section anyway. But thanks for thinking of us.

Tourney ducats are are a hot item. I went to Dallas 2 years ago and was happy to pay $50 over face value. KSU fans were paying $100+ over face value last Omaha visit. Its not a WSU thingy. Chill dude.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheShock » February 23rd, 2012, 12:48 pm

2livewu wrote:Appreciate the love from Creighton fans. I doubt you'd face the same bloodsucking reaction if the roles were reversed (certainly not in my case) but whatever.

Come on... chill out buddy! :Cheers:

Let's have a...

TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby KingTut » February 23rd, 2012, 12:51 pm

I think the face value of the tickets are the same price no matter whether you're in the first row or the nosebleeds.

Unless you're high enough on the donor list to get good tickets through WSU, I'd just scalp them. They come down a lot in the day or two before the game. In the NCAA games I've been to, I've gotten second-round (the Thursday-Friday games) tickets in the lower bowl for well below face.

Of course it all depends on who's playing and where the games are.

I find it hard to believe that tickets in DAllas were that expensive in a state where they'd rather watch football players run drills.
Last edited by KingTut on February 23rd, 2012, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingTut
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby DoubleJayAlum » February 23rd, 2012, 12:52 pm

I don't see any mention of you in any of the above quotes. But thanks for thinking of yourself. :D
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball