Stutz

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Stutz

Postby ictjay » February 24th, 2012, 7:32 am

Not really basketball related, but GS was at my sons HS game last night (older bro was a ref) He didn't see alot of the game due to picture requests with fans throughout the event. He obliged everyone. Was impressed. Good guy. :+1:
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Stutz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Stutz

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 24th, 2012, 9:41 am

WuDrWu knows Garrett well.

He has very high praise for him.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » February 24th, 2012, 11:32 am

Anyone with an eligible daughter should hope to have him as a son-in-law.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm

WSU fans - have there been NBA scouts looking at Stutz this year? I would think there would be given the year he's had. Has there been much talk of him being drafted?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » February 24th, 2012, 10:33 pm

I bet he gets invited to a couple camps, but will be surprised if he makes a roster. Not athletic enough to be a big man in the NBA, but good enough to make a great living overseas.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » February 24th, 2012, 10:35 pm

There have been scouts. One told Coach Chris Jans that guys with Garrett's size and skill have basically 5 years after college to prove to the NBA that they are NOT worthy of a look.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby troutangler » February 24th, 2012, 10:36 pm

ictjay wrote:Not really basketball related, but GS was at my sons HS game last night (older bro was a ref) He didn't see alot of the game due to picture requests with fans throughout the event. He obliged everyone. Was impressed. Good guy. :+1:

I'm assuming it was his oldest brother? He went to MSU and refereed here so I know him. He is a good dude.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » February 24th, 2012, 10:38 pm

NBA scouts have been following Stutz this year. Rating services have him as high as the #9 post player in the nation this year. That's not enough to get him drafted, but the thought is that he will be invited to the development league.

Stutz appears to be a "late bloomer" in growing into his body and developing coordination through all 84 inches. The opinion I've seen that seems likely is that Stutz is about 3 years and 25-30 pounds away from the NBA.

Stutz can run the court. He can dribble and drive. He's a bit slow with reactions and that gets him called for a lot of fouls that quicker player don't get called. His quickness has been improving significantly every year.

A lot of rational people are predicting Stutz will end up in the NBA, but it will take a couple of years for him to get there.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball